- To guarantee a booking, book no later than 14 hours before the scheduled departure time.
- During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
- Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
- You can cancel your booking up to 24 hours prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund in the amount of the activity costs minus payment fees (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
John Gray’s Hong by Starlight from Phuket with Sea Kayaking & Loi Krathong Floating
Sea cave exploring literally inside Phang Nga Bay’s marine geology
- Kayak into hidden caves and lagoons of Panak Island
- Cruise from Phuket into the Phang Nga Bay
- Be guided by highly trained and experienced tour guides
- Eat healthy Thai food including lunch & dinner
- Float your own self-made flower “Kratong”
What can you expect
This full-day kayak trip from Phuket starts at midday to avoid the crowds, with a convenient pickup service by luxury air-conditioned minivan from the entire Phuket Island. Don’t eat lunch, as you will be served a healthy and nutritious meal onboard the comfortable and modern twin-engine escort boat after leaving from Ao Po Pier. During the boat ride you will watch a raptor show and get a detailed briefing about the nature and geological site of Phang Nga Bay. Learn the basic do’s and don’ts of how to securely enter the caves and hongs.
Start the first kayaking session with your well-educated and experienced guide through limestone caves and lagoons in the dramatic setting at Panak Island. The hand-made kayaks are specially designed for your trip, and you can feel absolutely safe because there was never a capsize, a puncture or any accident. Your professional guide paddles you and your partner through 'Tidal Nape' sea caves inside Phang Nga Bay’s marine limestone karstic islands into 'hongs' (Thai for room). The hidden cliff-lined lagoons are populated with macaques, water monitors, kingfishers, mud-skippers, egrets, sea eagles and brahminy kites. Return to the escort boat and move on to the second island with two more caves and hongs to explore.
You will finish after dark by floating your own self-made flower “Krathong” in a spiritual and spectacular natural light show. Guests say that the evening Loi Kratong ceremony complete with fireflies and dinoflagellates (bio-luminescent plankton) is a 'spiritual experience'.
Eat a delicious seafood/vegan buffet on the trip back, you return to the pier two hours after sunset. Only the highest-quality ingredients are used to prepare the lunch and dinner, fresh from the local market. Seafood is net caught and chickens are free range. Brown, red, and black rice is served with homemade Massaman curry.
- 10:30 - 12:00: Hotel pickup in Phuket
- 12:00 - 13:00: Meet the crew at Ao Po Pier & get instructions
- 13:00 - 13:10: Departure by escort boat to Phang Nga Bay
- 13:10 - 14:10: Enjoy lunch on board the tour boat
- 14:10 - 16:15: Kayak into the cave at Koh Phanak
- 16:15 - 16:30: Continue to Hong Island
- 16:30 - 17:30: Sightseeing & kayaking at Koh Hong
- 17:30 - 18:15: Free time for relaxing at the beach or kayaking
- 18:15 - 18:45: Make your own Krathong & have dinner on the boat
- 18:45 - 19:15: Float the self-made Krathong in the cave of Phanak Island
- 19:15 - 19:30: See phosphorescent plankton
- 19:30 - 20:30: Head back to Phuket
- 20:30 - 21:00: Transfer back to the hotel
- * The tour program is subject to change due to weather & sea conditions
- Hotel round-trip transfer on the entire Phuket island including airport pick-up and drop-off service
- Full board meal plan with lunch, dinner, fruits, bottled water, herbal tea and coffee
- Comfortable and modern twin-engine escort boat
- Caveman's SOTAR sea kayaks
- Kayak equipment including a dry bag
- Life jackets
- National Park entrance fee
- Basic accident insurance
- Professional and experienced English speaking guide
- CPR and first aid trained crew
- Bring a towel, bathing clothes, dry and warm clothes for the way back, sunglasses, sun cream and a camera or smart phone (at your own risk, dry-bags are provided).
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems.
- You do not need previous kayaking experience.
- There is a minimum of 10 people required to run this activity! On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel this trip, we will inform you in advance and offer a different travel date, an alternative activity or provide a full refund.