Snorkel Tour to Surin Islands by Siam Adventure World from Phuket
Journey into the world of the Moken sea gypsies
Make your dreams come true and escape to the unspoiled paradise of Surin Islands on a snorkel tour from Phuket by Siam Adventure World. Get into the somewhat cooling water in the archipelago of 5 islands to gaze at Moorish idols, sea bass, cuttlefish and clownfish, and discover the natural way of life of the Moken sea gypsies.
- Snorkel at pristine Ao Mae Yai
- Visit the Moken sea gypsy village
- Hike on the nature trail to Ao Mai Ngam
- Leisure time at the beach
- Shark watching (between January and April)
You will be picked up by minivan on the entire Phuket Island early in the morning and meet the boat crew and guide of Siam Adventure World at the pier in Khao Lak. After enjoying a light breakfast, the captain of the speed boat will take you on an authentic sea adventure cruising past generous seascapes.
After less than 90 minutes you will arrive at the first gorgeous snorkel spot at Mae Yai Bay in Surin Island National Marine Park. Here you can see vibrant coral reefs and spot colourful fish hovering around their natural habitats in calm waters.
Then you will have the opportunity to discover the natural way of life of the 150 Moken nomads who have settled on Koh Surin Tai (Southern Surin Island) on a semi-permanent basis for several decades. They are also known as Chao Leh, which means 'The Sea People' in Thai, and spend much of their lives on their boats, called 'kabang'. The Moken survive mainly through fish hunting and gathering of shellfish and other marine life from the reefs and mudflats.
Continue to Mai Ngam Beach for fun beach activities in the sun or some hiking along the 2-kilometre walking path. Then indulge in a delectable lunch buffet at the National Park canteen to fuel your energy for the next snorkeling sites.
After regaining energy, make your way to the breathtaking Chong Kad Channel or Ao Suthep depending on the tide. Jump into clean and clear turquoise waters brimming with magnificent underwater aqua life. After a lovely time, you say adieu to Surin Islands and return to the pier for transfers back to your accommodation in Phuket with happy smiles and an amazing story to tell your friends.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Siam Adventure World.
- Get enough sleep the night before the trip.
- Bring a dry bag, towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and a camera.
- Speed boats carry passengers as close to the beach as they can so passengers can hop off and on easily.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand and shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on the boat.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, infants under 4 years, people over 70 years or people with back or neck problems.
- There is a minimum of 6 people required to run this tour! On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
- To be able to board the speed boat at the pier, it is essential that you send us a copy of the passport ID page (the one with your photo, your date of birth, etc.) for each traveller before the trip starts. Otherwise you have to bring the passport or a copy of the passport for each traveller on the trip itself.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Light breakfast
- Drinking water, soft drinks, coffee, tea & fresh fruits
- Thai lunch at the park ranger station
- Snorkeling equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional English and German speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 05:40 - 06:45: Hotel pickup in Phuket
- 06:45 - 08:30: Transfer by minivan to Khao Lak
- 08:30 - 09:00: Have a light breakfast at Siam Adventure World pier
- 09:00 - 10:30: Depart from the pier to Surin Islands
- 10:30 - 11:15: Snorkel at Ao Mae Yai
- 11:15 - 12:15: Visit the Moken village on Surin Tai
- 12:15 - 13:15: Swim & relax at Ao Mai Ngam
- 13:15 - 14:15: Have lunch at the park ranger station
- 14:15 - 15:15: Snorkel at Ao Chong Khat or Ao Suthep
- 15:15 - 16:45: Cruise back to the pier in Khao Lak
- 16:45 - 19:00: Transfer back to the hotel in Phuket