Snorkel Tour to Surin Islands by Fantastic Similan Travel from Phuket
Experience the nomadic sea culture of the Moken
Discover the unspoiled paradise of Surin Islands with colourful coral reefs, a variety of fish and white sand beaches on a speed boat trip from Phuket. The boat team of Fantastic Similan Travel invites you to explore the inhabited archipelago and to visit the small fishing village of the Moken sea gypsies with original wooden huts and the nomadic sea culture.
- Walk in the shallow water at Ao Chong Khat
- Learn about the nomadic sea culture
- Relax at the white sand beach of Ao Mae Yai
- Snorkel at Sapparod Bay or Tao Bay
- Enjoy a picnic lunch on Koh Surin Nuea
Make the first snorkel stop at Chong Khat Bay where you can also walk on the sandbar which connects the 2 Surin Islands in low tide. Continue to Koh Surin Tai (the Southern Surin Island) to discover the natural way of life of the 150 Moken sea gypsies. The Chao Leh, which means 'The Sea People' in Thai, spend much of their lives on their boats, called 'kabang'. The Moken survive mainly through fish hunting and gathering of shellfish and other marine life from the reefs and mudflats.
Continue to Mai Ngam Beach for enjoying the beach life or some walking along the 2-kilometre hiking trail. Then indulge in a delectable picnic lunch at the beach near the park ranger station to fuel your energy for the next snorkeling sites.
Make your way to Mae Yai Bay where you can swim on vibrant coral reefs and spot colourful fish hovering around their natural habitats in calm waters. The last snorkel stop will be either at Sapparod Bay or at Tao Bay depending on the sea conditions. Jump into the clean and clear turquoise waters brimming with magnificent underwater aqua life.
After a lovely time, it is time to say goodbye to Surin Islands and to return to the pier in Khao Lak. Enjoy some sweets and coffee before returning to your accommodation in Phuket with happy smiles and an amazing story to tell your friends.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Fantastic Similan Travel.
- Get enough sleep the night before the trip.
- Bring a dry bag, towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and a camera.
- Speed boats carry passengers as close to the beach as they can so passengers can hop off and on easily.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand and shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on the boat.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, infants under 2 years, people over 70 years or people with back or neck problems.
- To be able to board the speed boat at the pier, it is essential that you send us a copy of the passport ID page (the one with your photo, your date of birth, etc.) for each traveller before the trip starts. Otherwise you have to bring the passport or a copy of the passport for each traveller on the trip itself.
- There is a minimum of 4 people required to run this tour! On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Light breakfast
- Drinking water, soft drinks, coffee, tea & fresh fruits
- Picnic lunch
- Snorkeling equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional English and Chinese speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 05:00 - 07:30: Hotel pickup in Phuket
- 07:30 - 08:30: Transfer by minivan to Khao Lak
- 08:30 - 09:00: Enjoy a light breakfast at Haa Tanwa Beach Pier
- 09:00 - 10:20: Cruise by speed boat to Surin Islands
- 10:20 - 11:20: Snorkel stop at Ao Chong Khad
- 11:20 - 12:20: Visit the Moken village
- 12:20 - 13:30: Have a picnic lunch near the park ranger station
- 13:30 - 14:30: Swim & relax at Ao Mae Yai
- 14:30 - 15:30: More snorkeling at Sapparod Bay or Tao Bay
- 15:30 - 17:00: Cruise back to the pier in Khao Lak
- 17:00 - 17:30: Enjoy some cakes and coffee at the pier
- 17:30 - 19:30: Transfer to the hotel in Phuket