The Jewels of Phang Nga Bay by Big Boat
Kayaking Adventure for Nature Lovers
Cruise on a double deck fishing boat into Phang Nga Bay famous for its dramatic scenery of vertical rocky mountains standing in the calm green waters. Paddle by kayak close to nature at Panak and Hong Island to experience a completely unique eco system. Get a unique insight into the local life on Koh Panyee, before hitting the Nail at James Bond Island.
- Paddle into Bat Cave at Panak Island
- Get close to a unique eco system at Hong Island
- Feast on a seafood buffet lunch on the upper deck
- Hit the Nail Rock at James Bond Island
- Swimming at a secret beach
Drop the anchor outside the first destination - Panak Island from where you are being paddled towards the mouth of the Bat Cave. It’s all very leisurely in these sea kayaks with hardly any swell at all. Once inside, the guide will turn on torches and scrutinize the black furry creatures hanging upside down from the ceiling. There’s only 200 metres to negotiate and pretty soon you will enter the lagoon. Here you’ll have the chance to see a completely unique eco system and enjoy the sounds of local wildlife.
After 30 minutes you will head back to your ‘mother ship’ which brings you to Hong Island, aptly named (‘hong’ means ‘room’ in English). It is easier to access than Bat Cave as there is no need of torches and the hong has several large entrances. By now, you have grown to know our guides and the whole atmosphere of the tour is much more relaxed. See cool limestone formations in shape of Piranha fish, sleeping dog, sitting hermit, and up-side-down chicken!
Continue to Koh Panyee, a Muslim fishing village built entirely on stilts. Get a unique insight into the local life and culture on this island. Then feast in a sea food buffet lunch on-board while cruising in the bay to James Bond Island. Next stop is at Koh Tapu (Nail or Crab's eye island) and Kao Pin Kan (leaning mountain) where you can be the ‘Man with The Golden Gun’ on the same beach they shot the movie in 1974. Then cruise back to Phuket with a short stop for swimming and relaxing at a secret beach.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- Please bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops, comfortable shoes and a camera.
- Wear shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on the boat.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems.
- Round-trip transfer on the entire Phuket Island
- Coffee, tea, water & seasonal fruits
- Seafood buffet lunch on board
- Life jackets
- Kayak equipment
- Basic accident insurance
- Professional English and Chinese speaking guide
- National Park entrance fee
- 07:00 - 09:30: Hotel pickup in Phuket
- 09:30 - 09:45: Arrive at Ao Por Pier with complimentary coffee, tea and dessert
- 09:45 - 10:45: Depart from Ao Por Pier to Phang Nga Bay by big boat
- 10:45 - 11:15: Sightseeing & enjoy canoeing in the cave at Panak Island
- 11:15 - 11:45: Canoeing at Hong Island to explore hidden caves & lagoons
- 11:45 - 12:45: Visit the ‘Muslim Fishing Village’ on Panyee Island
- 12:45 - 13:45: Have a seafood buffet lunch on board
- 13:45 - 14:30: Discover James Bond Island
- 14:30 - 15:00: Depart to a hidden isalnd for swimming, photography & relaxing
- 15:00 - 16:00: Head back to Ao Por Pier
- 16:00 - 16:30: Arrive at the pier and transfer back to your hotel