James Bond Nature Tour from Phuket
Classic island tour spiked with fun activities
Join the James Bond Island tour from Phuket and cruise by longtail or speed boat through the Phang Nga Bay. Following in the footsteps of James Bond, you can walk around Khao Phing Kan island, kayak into sea caves and visit the floating village on Koh Panyee. In the afternoon, you will have the opportunity to explore the eco island safari camp in Phuket with fun activities including elephant trekking, ox-cart riding and rubber tapping.
- Visit Lung Khai Fruit Garden in Phang Nga
- Explore the limestone cliffs rising out of turquoise waters at James Bond Island
- Kayak into the Tamlod Cave at Thalu Island
- Lunch at the floating village on Koh Panyee
- Experience ox-cart riding, rubber tapping & elephant trekking
Phang Nga Bay found its way onto the tourist map through its starring role in the James Bond movie starring Roger Moore as 007, and is distinctive for its sheer limestone cliffs that jut vertically out of the crystal emerald-green water.
Discover the famous Khao Phing Kan, a very high leaning rock with tiny caves, where you can find stalls selling souvenirs mostly made from beautiful shells and wood. Walk around the James Bond Island and take a photo of Koh Tapu (also known as Nail Island or Spike Island). The limestone rock is around 20 meters tall with a diameter ranging from about 4 meters at the bottom and up to 8 meters at the top (hence the name of nail island).
Continue to Thalu Island, where you can take a guided kayak tour along the mangrove river and the giant stalactites caves & limestone cliffs. If canoeing isn’t your thing you can just enjoy the sights that James Bond Island and its surroundings has to offer!
Panyee floating village is where you will stop for lunch. The natural island of Panyee is a towering vertical mass of limestone. Nearly all of the village sits atop a huge network of stilts that clings to the edge of the island’s coastline and stretches out over the sea in a maze of raised platforms and walkways.
Cruise back to the pier and make a stop at the island safari camp in Chalong Phuket. Here you can walk through rice fields, enjoy riding an ox-cart, try rubber tapping and do a short elephant trek.
Conclude your tour back in your centrally located hotel where you can make a great conclusion to an unforgettable day.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- Please bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and a camera.
- Boats carry passengers as close to the beach as they can so passengers can hop off and on easily.
- Wear shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on the boat.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand.
- This trip is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water and fruit
- Restaurant lunch
- Kayak equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 09:30 - 10:30: Hotel pickup in Phuket
- 10:30 - 11:30: Drive by van to Phang Nga with stopover at Lung Khai Fruit Garden
- 11:30 - 13:00: Visit James Bond Island & Khao Phing Kan
- 13:00 - 13:45: Sea canoe into Tham Lod Cave at Koh Thalu
- 13:45 - 14:15: Visit the floating village of Koh Panyee
- 14:15 - 15:00: Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant
- 15:00 - 16:30: Head back Phuket
- 16:30 - 18:00: Visit the safari camp for elephant trekking, ox cart riding & rubber tapping
- 18:00 - 18:30: Transfer to your hotel