Day in the Islands by John Gray Sea Canoe
Private self-paddle trip in Phang Nga Bay
This trip is your introduction to real sea kayaking, perfect for guests who want to explore Phang Nga Bay on a longtail boat from Phuket at their own pace. Kayaking two or three of the most spectacular spots on the planet, with your lead guide from John Gray's Sea Canoe team, probably born and raised in the bay.
- Circumvent north Phang Nga Bay by fast longtail boat
- Kayaking two or three of the most spectacular spots on the planet
- Be guided by a highly experienced guide from the Bay
- Customize the itinerary with your lead guide
- Feast on healthy and high quality food
Circumvent north Phang Nga Bay and head to Hong Island for the first kayaking stop. Try hard-shell kayaking at the most spectacular spots on the planet. Be warned – it’s dangerously addictive. Your guide gives you basic kayaking instruction so you can paddle your own kayak. Or, you can opt to paddle a double kayak with a guide.
Continue to Koh Yao Yao Island and enjoy lunch at a local Thai restaurant, with healthy and high quality food. Then head to Panak Island, for the second kayaking stop which includes the limestone caves and hidden cliff-lined lagoons discovered by John Gray in 1989.
This private trip is perfect in tandem with Hong by Starlight trip for guests who previously booked hotel and people who do not want to camp overnight or want to explore the Bay by themselves on a longtail boat. You can customize the itinerary with your lead guide, probably born and raised in Phang Nga Bay.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of John Gray Sea Kayak.
- Bring towel, bathing clothes, dry and warm clothes for the way back, sunglasses, sun cream, good weather and a camera or smart phone (at your own risk, dry-bags are provided)
- The unsinkable SOTAR inflatables are also available for kids and seniors
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water and fruit
- Kayak equipment including a dry bag
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 08:00 - 09:00: Hotel pickup from the entire Phuket island
- 09:00 - 10:00: Depart from Ao Po Pier on a longtail boat heading to Hong Island in Krabi
- 10:00 - 12:00: Kayaking and sightseeing the Hong Lagoon
- 12:00 - 12:30: Sightseeing at Pak Bia Island
- 12:30 - 13:00: Head to Koh Yao Yai
- 13:00 - 14:00: Have lunch in a local Thai restaurant at Koh Yao Yai
- 14:00 - 15:30: Sightseeing and kayaking at Panak Island
- 15:30 - 16:30: Head back to Ao Por Pier
- 16:30 - 17:00: Transfer back to your hotel