Wow Andaman Day Trip to Surin Islands from Phuket
Snorkel tour with WOW factor
Snorkel in the magnificent emerald waters of the Surin Islands on a full-day tour from Phuket. Get away from the crowds and immerse into the magnificent underwater world with colorful fish and pristine coral reefs on board the Wow Andaman speed boat with 35 limited seats.
- Snorkel the underwater world of the Surin Islands
- Visit the Moken sea gypsies of Surin
- Enjoy lunch at Mai Ngam Beach
- Spot over 48 different types of tropical fish
- Light refreshements before & after the tour
Surin Islands is rated as one of Thailand's prime snorkelling sites with a phenomenal range of flora and fauna on the land and in the sea. The two main islands Koh Surin Nua (North Surin Island) and Koh Surin Tai (South Surin Island) form the bulk of the land mass. The other 3 satellite islands both enhance the overground vistas and provide supplementary fringing reef.
The casual tourist may be able to enjoy a glimpse of the park's promise whilst the naturalist can marvel at the impressive bio-diversity. During the day you will make several snorkel stops, at Pakkard Bay, at Nemo Village and at Ao Mae Yai, always with turquoise waters and colourful reefs and fish.
You will also visit the village of the Moken where you can meet the local Sea Gypsies. Discover their natural way of life, still dependent on fish hunting and building their homes from natural raw materials. They are very friendly and welcome kind explorers to their home.
Afterwards, make a stop on Koh Surin Nua for enjoying a delicious lunch at the National Park canteen. You will also have time for fun activities in the sun at Mai Ngam Beach or some hiking along the 2-kilometre walking path.
In the afternoon you will visit one more snorkeling site at Ao Mae Yai to explore the amazing coral gardens. Then head back to the pier in Khao Lak where you can enjoy light refreshments before finally being dropped off at your hotel in Phuket.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Wow Andaman.
- Get enough sleep the night before the trip.
- Bring a dry bag, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and a camera.
- Speed boats carry passengers as close to the beach as they can so passengers can hop off and on easily.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand and shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on the boat.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, infants under 4 years, people over 70 years or people with back or neck problems.
- If you want to switch your hotel in Phuket we charge an extra fee of 200 THB per person.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Light breakfast
- Drinking water, soft drinks, coffee, tea & fresh fruits
- Thai lunch at the park ranger station
- Snorkeling equipment
- Life jacket
- Beach towel
- Professional English speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 05:15 - 07:15: Hotel pickup in Phuket
- 07:15 - 08:00: Transfer to Wow Andaman Pier in Khao Lak
- 08:00 - 08:30: Have coffee & light breakfast at Wow Andaman Pier
- 08:30 - 10:15: Cruise by speed boat to Surin Islands
- 10:15 - 11:00: Visit the Moken village on Surin Tai
- 11:00 - 12:00: Snorkel at Pakkard Bay and Nemo Village
- 12:00 - 12:45: Have lunch at the park ranger station and relax on the beach
- 12:45 - 13:15: Relax at Mai Ngam Beach
- 13:15 - 14:30: More snorkeling at Ao Mae Yai
- 14:30 - 16:30: Depart from Surin Island to Wow Andaman Pier
- 16:30 - 16:50: Enjoy a light refreshments at the pier
- 16:50 - 19:00: Transfer from Wow Andaman Pier back to the hotel