Private Ao Thalane Sunset Kayaking with BBQ Dinner
Kayak the most magnificent mangroves Krabi has to offer!
Visit an untouched ecosystem at Ao Thalane Krabi in the afternoon after all the tour groups have gone. Explore paddling through mangroves and narrow canyons with your personal guide at your own pace and finish with a rich BBQ dinner at the private beach of Laem Jaa Mook Kway.
- Paddle through mangrove forest, lagoons and narrow canyons at Ao Thalane
- Learn about the local way of life from your personal tour guide
- See plenty of wildlife including monkeys, monitor lizards and several species of birds
- Swim and relax at your very own beach and take in the spectacular scenery
- Enjoy a delightful sunset from Laem Jaa Mook Kway
- Eat a delicious BBQ dinner at a private beach
Spend an afternoon paddling in the cool shade of the untouched Ao Thalane canyons. These towering cliffs protect the endangered mangrove environment at the coast. You will explore various coves and lagoons. Kayak slowly and silently upon sturdy “sit-on-top” kayaks that move almost unnoticed through the coastal ecosystem, passing mangrove, canyons and lagoons.
If you have never kayaked before, don’t worry. Instruction is given at the beginning of the trip and the routes followed are relatively easy. The exercise is not really strenuous and even young kids enjoy it. Everyone has a life jacket on at all times. Kayaks are 3 seat kayaks. We use them as 2 seat kayaks, but if you have a child with you, then they can sit in the 3rd seat in the middle.
If you are lucky, you can see wild monkeys, in particular the crab-eating macaque, and other wildlife such as monitor lizards and several species of birds. During the trip your personal guide will tell you more about the local people and their way of life.
The next destination will be Laem Jaa Mook Kway, a small beach where you will have time for a swim and relax while admiring the amazing sunset over the Andaman Sea. After all that action, feast on a delicious BBQ dinner at your very own beach as the sun goes down over the island-dotted horizon. Then head back to Thalane Pier by longtail boat under a warm blanket before being transferred back to your hotel.
This trip is perfect for peacefully paddling the mangrove forest seeing plenty of wildlife and exploring limestone caves, canyons and lagoons without the crowds.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Sea Kayak Krabi.
- Bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and camera
- Wear shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on kayak.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water, soft drinks, fruits, coffee, and tea
- BBQ dinner
- Waterproof bag
- Kayak equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- 15:30 - 16:00: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 16:00 - 16:15: Have tea / coffee & get information of the trip
- 16:15 - 18:15: Paddle yourself by kayak into the canyon & through mangrove forest
- 18:15 - 18:30: Enjoy the sunset on the way to Laem Jaa Mook Kway
- 18:30 - 19:15: Enjoy a sunset BBQ at the beach
- 19:15 - 19:30: Return to the pier by longtail boat
- 19:30 - 20:00: Transfer back to the hotel