Sea Kayaking at Hong Island from Ao Thalane
Spectacular open water kayaking
This spectacular open water kayaking tour takes you to Hong Island where you will explore the surroundings and venture through the hidden lagoon. Along the way you can take a break to swim and snorkel in the amazing coral reef.
- Semi-private guided tour
- Open water kayaking
- Kayak to a hidden lagoon on Hong Island
- Snorkel in the coral reef
- Afternoon boat trip to nearby islands in the Hong Archipelago
The tour departs from the Sea Kayak pier in Ao Thalane where you will take a longtail boat out to Hong Island. Start your adventure exploring the surroundings of Hong Island in open water by kayak, then venture into the hidden emerald lagoon for a snorkel and a swim.
Take a break and have lunch on the boat before the afternoon activities begin.
In the afternoon you will have free time to swim in the crystal clear waters, snorkel in the coral reef and do some more kayaking.
Before returning to the Sea Kayak pier enjoy a boat trip to some smaller islands around Hong Island. You can sit back and relax whilst taking in the spectacular scenery.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- Bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and camera
- Wear shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on kayak.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water, soft drinks, snacks, fruits, coffee, and tea
- Lunch on the boat
- Waterproof bag
- Snorkeling and kayak equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 08:00 - 08:30: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 08:30 - 09:00: Meet the boat crew at Sea Kayak Pier in Ao Thalane
- 09:00 - 09:30: Have coffee & get instruction about the trip
- 09:30 - 10:00: Cruise by boat to Hong Island
- 10:00 - 11:30: Paddle by kayak at Koh Hong
- 11:30 - 12:00: Return back to the boat
- 12:00 - 13:00: Enjoy lunch on the boat
- 13:00 - 15:00: Beach time with swimming & snorkeling
- 15:00 - 15:30: Sightseeing on Hong Island, if you are lucky you can spot a monitor lizard
- 15:30 - 16:00: Head back to Ao Thalane
- 16:00 - 16:30: Transfer back to the hotel