Full-Day Sea Cave Kayaking Adventure at Bor Thor in Krabi
Mangrove & cave paddle adventure
Paddle your way through the history and culture of Bor Thor in Ao Luek District of Krabi Province. With return transfers and lunch included, this full-day paddle adventure will take you across spectacular rivers, inlets and into the stunning limestone caves to witness the artifacts and cave paintings of Pee Hua Toh Cave.
- Paddle through the beautiful, narrow cave rivers of Lod Nua Cave
- Admire the stunning stalactites that hang ominously overhead
- Climb into Pee Hua Toh Cave to admire its ancient pictoglyphs
- Enjoy a leisurely lunch at a traditional Thai seafood restaurant in Bor Thor
- Jump in for a refreshing swim at Khlong Song Nam natural freshwater stream
Bor Thor, one of the first settlements in Southern Thailand, is a small coastal village rich with archeological treasures, artifacts and cave paintings. Many are only accessible by kayak and your journey takes you paddling across a stunning collection of rivers, inlets and into the limestone caves.
After getting instructions by your guide, you will start paddling on the Marui River through many extraordinary caves and narrow river tunnels. Along the way admire the spectacular stalactites and stalagmites of Lod Cave. Then continue along a tunnel to Khao Wong lagoon, located in the middle of a mountain.
Take a break for lunch at a traditional Thai seafood restaurant by the river.
Afterwards, paddle over to Pee Hua Toh Cave to explore the ancient paintings and pictographs found inside. Then make your way through the cave's numerous grottos until you arrive at a viewpoint overlooking the mangrove forest and sprawling ocean.
In the late afternoon continue to Tha Pom also known as Khlong Song Nam meaning ‘canal of two waters’. A canal where seawater and freshwater come together at high tide and when mixed together, creates crystal clear water. Here you can take a swim in the pristine water and enjoy the natural surroundings.
Then it's time to make your way back to your hotel.
Note that although it is easier if all passengers on the kayak paddle, only one person actually needs to paddle, so children or less fit people can sit as passengers with an able adult and in this case no paddle guide will be required. Kayaks are available as 2 or 3 seaters.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Sea Kayak Krabi.
- Bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and camera
- Wear shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on kayak
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems
- Paddle guides are available as an add-on service for this tour
- There is a minimum of 2 people required to run this tour!
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water, soft drinks, snacks, fruits, coffee, and tea
- Lunch at a traditional Thai seafood restaurant in Bor Thor
- Waterproof bag
- Kayak equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- 08:00 - 08:45: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 08:45 - 09:15: Meet the crew at the pier in Bor Thor
- 09:15 - 09:30: Get paddling instructions from your guide
- 09:30 - 11:00: Kayak yourself into canals, sea caves & mangrove forest
- 11:00 - 11:45: Explore Tham Lod Tai, a “secret passage” through a rock tunnel
- 11:45 - 12:15: Head back to the pier
- 12:15 - 13:15: Enjoy lunch in Aree Seafood Restaurant
- 13:15 - 15:00: Continue kayaking to to Pee Hua Toh Cave & Lod Nua Cave
- 15:00 - 16:30: Visit the fresh water canal of Khlong Song Nam
- 16:30 - 17:00: Transfer back to the hotel