Full-Day Sea Cave Kayak Adventure in Bor Thor
Cave paddling with cooling down in fresh water stream
Paddle your way through the history and culture of Bor Thor in Ao Luek district of Krabi province. With return transfers and lunch included, this paddle adventure will take you across spectacular rivers, inlets and into the stunning limestone caves to witness the artefacts and cave paintings of Pee Hua Toh Cave. The culmination of this full-day tour is a refreshing jump into Long Klong Sra Kaew natural freshwater stream.
- Paddle across spectacular rivers, inlets and into the stunning limestone caves of Bor Thor
- Admire the stunning stalactites that hang ominously overhead in Lod Nua Cave
- Climb into Pee Hua Toh Cave to admire its ancient pictoglyphs
- Enjoy a leisurely lunch at a traditional Thai seafood restaurant in Bor Thor
- Jump into the natural freshwater stream of Long Klong Sra Kaew
The destination is Bor Thor, one of the first settlements in Southern Thailand. It is a small coastal village with rich archeological treasures, artefacts and cave paintings. After arrival at the pier, you will get kayak and safety instructions from your local guide.
Start paddling down the backwater of the Marui river on a sit-on-top kayak (2 / 3 seater), passing local fishermen, to reach the vast cavern of Pee Hua Toh also known as “Big-headed Ghost Cave”. This cave has provided shelter to humans for thousands of years. Explore the ancient paintings and pictographs found inside. Then make your way through the cave's numerous grottos until you arrive at a viewpoint overlooking the mangrove forest and sprawling ocean.
Continue paddling to Tham Lod Tai, a “secret passage” through a rock tunnel dotted with stalactites. The next highlight is Tham Khao Wong, another rock tunnel heading into the karst, this time ending in a quiet lagoon at the center of the mountain, formed thousands of years ago when a cave roof collapsed. The total kayaking time is around 2 hours - not including stops.
Take a break for lunch in the riverside restaurant at Bor Thor pier, with Thai food served “family-style” – sharing several dishes with rice.
In the afternoon continue to the crystal clear freshwater stream of Long Klong Sra Kaew near Nai Sa Village. The gentle waterways surrounded by big trees are perfect for taking a refreshing swim about 300 meters in the jungle to enjoy the natural surrounding.
Note that although it is easier if all passengers on the kayak paddle, only one person actually needs to paddle, so children or less fit people can sit as passengers with an able adult and in this case no paddle guide will be required. Kayaks are available as 2 or 3 seaters.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Krabi Fasai Tour.
- Bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and camera
- Wear shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on kayak
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems
- Paddle guides are available as an add-on service for this tour
- There is a minimum of 2 people required to run this tour! On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water, fruits, coffee & tea
- Lunch at Bortho Seafood Restaurant
- Waterproof bag
- Kayak equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- 08:00 - 09:00: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 09:00 - 09:30: Meet the crew at the pier in Bor Thor
- 09:30 - 10:00: Get paddle and safety instructions from the guide
- 10:00 - 10:40: Start paddling down the backwater of the Marui river
- 10:40 - 11:20: Discover the ancient paintings of Pee Hua Toh Cave by foot
- 11:20 - 12:00: Explore Lod Nua Cave with stalactites
- 12:00 - 12:45: Kayak through Tham Kao Wong into a stunning lagoon
- 12:45 - 13:15: Head back to the pier
- 13:15 - 14:00: Enjoy lunch in a local restaurant in Bor Thor
- 14:00 - 15:00: Visit the fresh water canal of Long Klong Sra Kaew
- 15:00 - 15:30: Transfer back to the hotel