Sea Kayaking at Bor Thor in Krabi
Mangrove & Cave paddle adventure
Paddle your way through the history and culture of Bor Thor, Ao Luek District of Krabi Province. With return transfers and lunch included, this half or full day paddle will take you across spectacular rivers, inlets and into the stunning limestone caves to witness the artifacts and cave paintings.
- Enjoy a complimentary tea or coffee with your kayak orientation
- Paddle through the beautiful, narrow cave rivers of Lod Nua Cave
- Admire the stunning stalactites that hang ominously overhead
- Climb into Pee Hua Toh Cave to admire its ancient pictoglyphs
- Enjoy a leisurely lunch at a traditional Thai seafood restaurant in Bor Thor
- Jump in for a refreshing swim at the Phu Tara natural freshwater stream
Travel on the mainland from Krabi to Bor Thor by shared minivan and enjoy the spectacular landscape with limestone cliffs and small villages along the way. Then you will paddle along Marui river through many extraordinary caves and narrow river tunnels.
Along the way admire the spectacular stalactites and stalagmites of Lod Cave then continue along a tunnel to Khao Wong lagoon, located in the middle of a mountain. Afterwards, paddle over to Pee Hua Toh Cave to explore the ancient paintings and pictographs found inside. Then make your way through the cave's numerous grottos until you arrive at a viewpoint overlooking the mangrove forest and sprawling ocean.
You will take a break for lunch at a traditional Thai seafood restaurant by the river.
After lunch continue to Tha Pom also known as Khlong Song Nam meaning ‘canal of two waters’. A canal where seawater and freshwater come together at high tide and when mixed together, creates crystal clear water. Here you can take a swim in the pristine water and enjoy the natural surroundings.
Then it's time to make your way back to Bor Thor pier and transfer to your hotel.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- Bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and camera
- Wear shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on kayak.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water, soft drinks, snacks, fruits, coffee, and tea
- Lunch at the beach
- Waterproof bag
- Kayak equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- 08:00 - 08:30: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 08:30 - 09:15: Meet the crew at the pier in Bor Thor
- 09:15 - 11:00: Paddle yourself into canals, sea caves & mangrove forest
- 11:00 - 12:30: Continue by kayak to Pee Hua Cave
- 12:30 - 13:30: Enjoy lunch in Ban Bor Thor restaurant
- 13:30 - 14:00: Return back to the hotel (half-day tour option)
- 13:30 - 15:45: Visit the fresh water canal of Khlong Song Nam (full-day tour option)
- 15:45 - 16:30: Transfer back to the hotel