Sea Kayaking at Ao Thalane Bay & Hong Island from Krabi
Immersed in nature
If you love nature and kayaking, then this is the perfect trip for you! First you will explore Hong Island with its beautiful emerald lagoon, snorkel in the coral reef and set off by kayak around the island. Then continue to Ao Thalane for the next highlight, an afternoon kayaking experience through the canyons and mangroves in the bay.
- Semi-private guided tour
- Explore the natural beauty and ecosystems of Ao Thalane Bay by kayak
- Paddle among the canyons and mangroves surrounded by towering karst formations
- Observe wildlife up close
- Explore an emerald lagoon and snorkel on the reef at Hong Island
Sea kayaking is a great way to explore Krabi's beautiful scenery without damaging the environment. You can move slowly and almost unnoticed through different ecosystems while observing wildlife, and manoeuvre through mangrove forests, canyons, caves and lagoons.
Start the trip with a safety briefing at Thalane Pier and head out by longtail boat to Koh Hong which is home to a group of islands with an array of towering limestone cliffs and white sandy beaches. Here you can explore the beautiful emerald lagoon and snorkel amongst the abundant beds of coral, bright-colored crabs, and tropical fish. You will also have time to do some guided paddling around the island.
Enjoy lunch at the park ranger station on the main island. Then you will cruise to the surrounding islands named Koh Pakbia and Lading Island, before heading back to the mainland at Ao Thalane.
Paddle on a sit-on-top kayak through remarkable coastal canyons and narrow channels at the end of a stretch of protected mangrove forest. Observe slowly and silently the wildlife up close. You can spot several species of birds and monkeys, in particular the crab-eating macaque monkey.
This area features one of the most beautiful bays and mangrove forests surrounded by towering karst formations and small offshore islands.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Sea Kayak Krabi.
- Bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and camera
- Wear shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on kayak.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems.
- There is a minimum of 2 people required to run this tour!
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Boat trip from Ao Thalane to Hong Island and back
- Drinking water, soft drinks, snacks, fruits, coffee, and tea
- Lunch at the park ranger station on Hong Island
- Waterproof bag
- Snorkeling and kayak equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 08:00 - 08:30: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 08:30 - 09:00: Meet the boat crew at Sea Kayak pier in Ao Thalane
- 09:00 - 09:30: Have coffee & get instruction about the trip
- 09:30 - 10:00: Cruise by boat to Koh Hong
- 10:00 - 11:30: Swim, snorkel & kayak at Hong Island
- 11:30 - 12:30: Enjoy lunch at the park ranger station on the main island
- 12:30 - 13:30: Cruise to the surrounding islands (Koh Pakbia & Lading Island)
- 13:30 - 14:00: Continue to Ao Thalane
- 14:00 - 15:45: Paddle by kayak into the canyon along mangrove forest, limestone mountains & lagoons
- 15:45 - 16:00: Head back to the pier
- 16:00 - 16:30: Transfer back to the hotel