Sea Kayaking at Ao Thalane Bay & Hong Island from Krabi
Immersed in nature
Love nature and kayaking? This is the perfect trip for you. Enjoy the morning kayaking through canyons and mangroves around Ao Thalane Bay. Then continue to Hong Island to explore a beautiful emerald lagoon and snorkel in the reef.
- Semi-private guided tour
- Explore the natural beauty and ecosystems of Ao Thalane Bay by kayak
- Paddle among the canyons and mangroves surrounded by towering karst formations
- Observe wildlife up close
- Explore an emerald lagoon and snorkel on the reef at Hong Island
Along the coast of Krabi is one of the most beautiful bays and mangrove forests called Ao Thalane. It is surrounded by towering karst formations and small offshore islands, making narrow channels and canyons.
On this tour you will discover a diverse ecosystem in an undeveloped environment without unpleasant crowds. This tour is specially designed making it semi-private, a maximum of 6 people to one guide.
Kayak through Ao Thalane Bay slowly and silently observing the wildlife up close. You will spot several species of birds and monkeys, in particular the crab-eating macaque monkey.
Stop for lunch and then travel by longtail boat to Hong Island, home to a group of islands with an array of towering limestone cliffs and white sandy beaches. Here you can explore a beautiful emerald lagoon and snorkel amongst the abundant beds of coral, bright-colored crabs, and tropical fish.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- Bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and camera
- Wear shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on kayak.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Boat trip from Ao Thalane to Hong Island and back
- Drinking water, soft drinks, snacks, fruits, coffee, and tea
- Lunch in restaurant in Ao Thalane
- Waterproof bag
- Snorkeling and kayak equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 08:00 - 08:30: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 08:30 - 09:00: Meet the boat crew at Sea Kayak pier in Ao Thalane
- 09:00 - 09:30: Have coffee & get instruction about the trip
- 09:30 - 10:00: Cruise by boat to Koh Hong
- 10:00 - 11:30: Swim, snorkel & kayak at Hong Island
- 11:30 - 12:30: Enjoy lunch on the boat
- 12:30 - 13:30: Cruise to the surrounding islands (Koh Pakbia & Lading Island)
- 13:30 - 14:00: Continue to Ao Thalane
- 14:00 - 15:45: Paddle by kayak into the canyon along mangrove forest, limestone mountains & lagoons
- 15:45 - 16:00: Head back to the pier
- 16:00 - 16:30: Transfer back to the hotel