Sea Kayaking at Ao Thalane Bay in Krabi
Mangroves, canyons & lagoons
Enjoy kayaking through Krabi’s most beautiful bays and mangrove forests, Ao Thalane. Explore the diverse ecosystem maneuvering through channels surrounded by towering cast formations whilst observing the flora and fauna.
- Semi-private guided tour
- Explore the diverse ecosystem of Ao Thalane Bay
- Kayak through mangroves surrounded by towering karst formations
- Observe wildlife up close
Sea kayak is the best way to explore Ao Thalane allowing you to get close to nature without damaging the environment. You can explore the diverse ecosystem, observe wildlife, and manoeuvre through mangrove forests, canyons, caves, and lagoons. You will spot several species of birds and monkeys, in particular the crab-eating macaque monkey.
This tour is specially designed making it semi-private, a maximum of 6 people to one guide. So you can enjoy the undeveloped environment without unpleasant crowds.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- Bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and camera
- Wear shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on kayak.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water, soft drinks, snacks, fruits, coffee, and tea
- Lunch at the beach (only Half-Day with Lunch and Full-day option)
- Waterproof bag
- Kayak equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- 08:00 - 08:30: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 08:30 - 09:00: Arrive at Sea kayak Pier at Ao Thalane
- 09:00 - 12:00: Departure from the pier to mangrove forest area
- 12:00 - 13:30: Having lunch on the beach (depend on the guide)
- 16:00 - 16:30: Transfer back to your hotel