The Mangrove Boat Tour in Krabi
Cultural river cruise to Kanab Nam Cave & Koh Klang Community
Explore the mangrove forest of Krabi by traditional longtail boat and encounter the abundant wildlife including fish, monkeys and birds. On this 3-hour tour you will cruise through Krabi’s wetland with narrow canals and hidden gems, and visit also the famous Khao Khanab Nam Cave and Koh Klang community with rice fields and water buffalo.
- Explore the mangroves of Krabi by traditional longtail boat
- Enjoy cruising along small canals
- Visit the famous Khao Khanab Nam Cave and Crocodile Cave
- See the mangrove trees and colorful fish, birds, crabs, and monkeys
- Enjoy a fish show with balloon fishes, catfish, black kingfish, and crabs in a typical fish farm
- Visit Koh Klang community
Time to stop at a local, floating restaurant near Baan Kanon on the banks of Krabi River for a delicious lunch including fresh fish.
You will enter the small canals of the mangrove forest and see different types of mangrove trees as well as local wildlife, including monkeys, birds and fish. You can also relax and enjoy a fish show with puffer fish, catfish, black kingfisher and crabs at a typical fish farm in the local Koh Klang community. On the small island of Koh Klang which is just in front of the mainland of Krabi, you can walk though the local community and see rice fields and water buffaloes.
Thailand only has a few areas that have been recognized as wetlands of the world and the mangrove forest of Krabi Province, covering an area of 100,000 rai (160 square kilometers) is ranked in the Ramsar List of Wetlands of International Importance. The protected area also covers 12 square kilometers of up to 2-kilometer wide tidal mudflats.
The area is popular with birdwatchers coming to spot some of the most diverse and rare species in the world including the Masked Finfoot and the Brown-winged Kingfisher to name just a few. The mangroves are a habitat for various species of wildlife including reptiles, birds and marine creatures.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Trip Store Krabi.
- Please bring sunglasses, suncream, and of course your camera on the trip.
- The longtail boat is limited to 12 people.
- Drinking water
- Life jacket
- Local authentic Thai guide
- National Park entrance fee
- 08:45 - 09:00: Meet the boat man at Chao Fah Pier in Krabi Town
- 09:00 - 10:00: Cruise by longtail through mangrove forest
- 11:00 - 12:00: Visit Khao Kanab Nam Cave & Crocodile Cave
- 10:00 - 11:00: Enjoy lunch at local floating restaurant (only for seafood lunch option)
- 11:00 - 12:00: Sightseeing on Koh Klang fisherman village & island
- 12:00 - 12:15: Head back to the pier