Krabi Sightseeing Tour with Elephant Trekking
The 3 highlights of Krabi
Experience the highlights of Krabi on a full day trip including a 1-hour elephant trek in the lush green rainforest of Khao Phanom Bencha National Park. Trek to Huay Tho waterfall, where you can have a refreshing swim. After lunch, visit the Tiger Cave Temple with a climb to the view point. Continue to Krabi Town and cruise by longtail boat on the Krabi river through mangroves to Khao Kanab Nam Cave.
- Discover the lush green rainforest of Khao Phanom Bencha National Park astride an elephant
- Trek to the 7-level Huay Tho Waterfall
- Take a refreshing dip under the Huay Tho’s cooling waters
- Climb to the top of Tiger Cave Temple
- Cruise by longtail boat on the Krabi River
- Explore the famous Khao Kanab Naam Cave
After a rich Thai lunch, continue to the next highlight of this day, the Tiger Cave Temple. Set in a beautiful forest, the temple is in fact a famous meditation centre. Monks and nuns come from all over Thailand to retreat here. The temple is laid out as a small village with a main boulevard lined with monkeys. From the end, you can walk around the nature trail in the Khiriwong Valley, with many caves and big trees. For those who are fit enough, a 1237 stair climb leads to the famous mountain-top shrine, for a view that will really take your breath away.
The last stop is at the famous Black Crab (Pu Dam) sculpture beside the Krabi river. Cruise by traditional longtail boat through mangrove forest to Khao Kanab Nam. The pair of 100-metre-high limestone outcrops known as Khao Kanab Nam rise from alongside the Krabi river to form a key part of the area’s natural scenery. After docking at the small pier, walk to the main cave which is thought to have served as a shelter for some of the many prehistoric humans known to have dwelt in the area. Among the many knotted rock formations, the surfaces of long stalactites and stalagmites show dark sea-green, creamy beige, silvery white and the occasional ice blue. Once you have finished hanging out with the fake cavemen, climb back onto the boat and take a spin through the mangroves.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Huay Tho Safari.
- Bring sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, mosquito repellent and a camera.
- Wear good footwear for the elephant trekking.
- If you want to climb up the 1,239 steps to the top of the Tiger Cave Temple (full-day tour only), bring a second T-shirt because the weather is hot and humid at these latitudes.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water, soft drinks and fruits
- Thai style lunch
- English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 08:45 - 09:00: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 09:00 - 10:00: Elephant trekking in the jungle
- 10:00 - 12:00: Swim at Huay Tho Waterfall
- 12:00 - 13:00: Enjoy lunch
- 13:00 - 14:30: Explore Tiger Temple & hike to the viewpoint
- 14:30 - 15:30: Take a longtail boat to Khao Kanap Nam Cave through mangrove forest
- 15:30 - 16:30: Visit a local fisherman village
- 16:30 - 17:00: Transfer back to the hotel