2-Day Khao Sok Jungle Safari from Krabi
Khao Sok Eco Adventure
Discover the Khao Sok National Park, the oldest evergreen rainforest in Thailand, on a 2 day safari trip including an overnight stay in a jungle bungalow. Trek into the evergreen rain forest, canoe along a river and enjoy the lush natural environment by foot with an knowledgeable English speaking tour guide.
- See the world's oldest evergreen rainforest
- Glide down the river by bamboo raft or canoe
- Stay overnight in an jungle bungalow
- Look for indigenous birds and butterflies, in addition to large mammals
- Marvel at some of the world's biggest trees and see the world's biggest flower
First stop will be at the famous Wat Bang Riang, a beautiful hilltop temple which is located on Khao Lan Mountain in Thap Put in Phang Nga Province. It features a seated golden Buddha image, a large statue of Kwam Im, the Chinese Goddess of Mercy and fine Thai temple architecture. Continue to a scenic viewpoint near Khao Sok National Park to make some nice photos. Next stop is at Monkey Temple, where several monkeys coexist peacefully. You can give them food and water, and also visit the small cave converted into a temple containing Buddha images inside.
Enjoy a traditional Thai lunch at the jungle hut near the Sok river where you will stay for overnight. After a short break, the adventurous amongst you may want to play flying fox. Then put your swimsuit on and paddle down the river by kayak. The river safari trip takes approximately 90 minutes and you will see gibbons swinging in the trees, snakes basking in the sun and other wildlife as you make your way down the stream. Take a refreshing swim in the Sok river and try Tarzan swinging across the stream.
Head back to the jungle hut and settle in the cozy bungalow before having a healthy Thai dinner. Set out again for a short night safari of 45-minutes to spot nocturnal animals such as frogs, snakes, spiders and birds.
After a rich, vitalise breakfast the next morning, continue the trip with a hike into the lush green rainforest of Khao Sok National Park. Trek 3 hours along rainforest trails deep into the valley's stunning scenery lead by an experienced guide who will explain you about the flora and fauna of the oldest evergreen rainforest in Thailand. Complete your eco adventure with a lunch before heading back to Krabi with drop-off at your hotel.
One of the most awe-inspiring things about Khao Sok National Park is it's abundant and varied wildlife. There are more than 48 mammal species such as wild elephants, monkeys, gibbons, deer, bear, wild dog, marbled cat etc. The park is also home to 165-foot tall trees and Rafflesia, the world's largest flower with a diameter of 31 inches, and more than 187 kind of birds, thousands kind of butterflies and insects.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- Please bring a multi day pack, good shoes, a towel, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, mosquito repellent and a camera.
- You will sleep in a simple jungle bungalow with basic facilities.
- The Rafflesia only blooms for a few days a year, usually during January and February.
- There is a minimum of 2 people required to run this tour!
- During high season the tour cannot be cancelled due to high demand!
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Travel by air-conditioned car from Krabi to Khao Sok
- Drinking water, morning coffee, fruits
- Lunch, dinner & breakfast
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Canoe trip & flying fox
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 07:30 - 08:30: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 08:30 - 10:00: Drive by minivan to Khao Sok
- 10:00 - 11:00: Sightseeing at Bang Riang Temple
- 11:00 - 11:30: Admire the view from a scenic viewpoint
- 11:30 - 12:00: Stop at Monkey Cave to feed the monkeys
- 12:00 - 13:00: Enjoy lunch at the jungle restaurant
- 13:00 - 15:00: Jungle canoe on the Sok river
- 15:00 - 16:00: Flying fox 200 meter
- 16:00 - 17:00: Check-in at the bungalow
- 17:00 - 19:00: Free time at the bungalow
- 19:00 - 20:00: Enjoy a delicious Thai dinner
- 20:00 - 21:00: Night safari by canoe (depending on the weather)
- 08:00 - 09:00: Have breakfast at the restaurant
- 09:00 - 13:00: Jungle trek in Khao Sok National Park
- 13:00 - 14:00: Enjoy lunch at the restaurant
- 14:00 - 15:30: Head back to Krabi
- 15:30 - 16:00: Transfer to the hotel