Jungle Tour to Crystal Pool, Krabi Hot Spring & Tiger Cave Temple
Krabi's top mainland attractions
This full-day tour brings you to the 3 mainland attractions of Krabi. Climb the 1,237 steps to the top of Tiger Cave Temple and enjoy impressing views of the Andaman Sea coastline. Check out the natural Hot Spring near Klong Thom and trek to the natural bath of the Crystal Pool with a refreshing swim in the pond.
- Relax in the natural hot spring, known to be good for your health
- Enjoy swimming at the natural bath of the Emerald Pool
- Visit Tiger Cave Temple to pay homage to The Goddess of Compassion and Mercy
- Enjoy walking in the jungle among fantastic old trees
Some 250 monks and nuns live in the temple compounds at the moment. The main vihara (sanctum sanctorum) is inside a small shallow limestone cave, where the walls are lined by cells. The area is well lit and very well maintained to preserve the serenity of the environment.
Here you can venture up the hills by taking 1 of the 2 passages. One passage takes you up 1,239 steps to the hilltop and the other is only 130 steps up to reach a place where monks live in their small cottages. The commanding view all around is worth taking the strain to climb the hill. The whole area is full of caves and limestone rock formations. Archeologists have found remnants of ancient habitations as old as from the Stone Age. Stone tools, shards of pottery and beads, and idols of clay have all been unearthed which bear testimony to the cultural heritage of the area.
You will also trek through the jungle to the Emerald Pool/Crystal Lagoon, a fresh water pool inside the Khao Phra Bang Khram Nature Reserve. The waters of this 120-square-meter pond take on a green hue thanks to an abundance of minerals from the surroundings limestone hills. The crystal clear water is unsuitable for drinking and feels thick due to its high calcium carbonate content which can cause gallstone. Here you can go for a swim to escape the heat of the day and admire the stream, one of the sources of the pool, which tumbles in at one end over rock made smooth by mineral deposits.
Another natural wonder you will see on this tour is the natural hot spring in Krabi. Out in the forest about 40 kilometers south of Krabi Town is Klong Thom Waterfall. Though the falls itself is just a cascade tumbling gently but a few meters, it is unique in that the spring water that feeds it bubbles up from the earth at temperature of more than 50 degrees Celsius. It cools a bit as it flows to the cascade and you can swim in the calm stream below for a much cooler bath.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- Bring swimwear, extra shirt, shorts, towel, hat, sunscreen, camera, and sunglasses.
- If you want to climb up the 1,237 steps to the top of the Tiger Cave Temple, wear good footwear and bring a second T-shirt because the weather is hot and humid at these latitudes.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water, soft drinks, snacks, fruits, coffee, and tea
- Lunch (only for full-day option)
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 07:45 - 09:20: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 09:20 - 10:10: Drive by minivan to Klong Thom
- 10:10 - 11:10: Relax & swim in the natural Hot Spring
- 11:15 - 11:30: Continue to Crystal Pool
- 11:30 - 13:30: Swim in the natural pond of Sra Morakot (Emerald Pool)
- 13:30 - 14:00: Lunch at a restaurant
- 14:00 - 14:30: Transfer back to the hotel (half-day tour option)
- 14:00 - 14:30: Head to Tiger Cave Temple (full-day tour option)
- 14:30 - 16:30: Visit Wat Tahm Suea & hike to the top
- 16:30 - 16:50: Transfer to hotel