James Bond Island Tour by Speed Boat from Krabi
Sightseeing with Sea Cave Kayaking
Embark on a journey to James Bond Island by speed boat from Krabi. Follow in the footsteps of Roger Moore and visit the famous Khao Phing Kan with its needle formed limestone rock which is featured in the 007 movie “The Man with the Golden Gun”. Experience sightseeing and canoeing on this 7-hour guided tour of the stunning limestone karst rocks in the Phang Nga Bay including “Lod Cave” and the Panyee floating village on stilts.
- Cruise by speed boat through Phang Nga Bay
- Walk around Khao Phing Kan Island and take a photo of Koh Tapu
- Explore the giant stalactites, caves and limestone karst rocks rising out of green water at Thalu Island by kayak
- Enter a mangrove forest to see wildlife, such as monkeys, hornbills and various kinds of plants
- Lunch at Koh Panyee floating village, an entirely Muslim community floating in water
It found its way onto the tourist map through its starring role in the James Bond movie “The Man With the Golden Gun” starring Roger Moore as 007, and is distinctive for its sheer limestone cliffs that jut vertically out of the crystal emerald-green water.
Discover the famous Khao Phing Kan, a very high leaning rock with tiny caves, where you can find stalls selling souvenirs mostly made from beautiful shells and wood. Walk around the James Bond Island and take a photo of Koh Tapu (also known as Nail Island or Spike Island). The limestone rock is around 20 meters tall with a diameter ranging from about 4 meters at the bottom and up to 8 meters at the top (hence the name of nail island).
Continue to Thalu Island, where you can take a guided kayak tour along the mangrove river and the giant stalactites caves & limestone cliffs (please book the kayak option). If canoeing isn’t your thing you can just enjoy the sights that James Bond Island and its surroundings has to offer!
Panyee floating village is where you will stop for lunch. The natural island of Panyee is a towering vertical mass of limestone. Nearly all of the village sits atop a huge network of stilts that clings to the edge of the island’s coastline and stretches out over the sea in a maze of raised platforms and walkways.
Cruise back to Ao Nang whilst enjoying a marvellous view to Hong Island and make a great conclusion to an unforgettable day.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- Bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and camera
- Speed boats carry passengers as close to the beach as they can so passengers can hop off and on easily.
- Wear shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on the boat.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems
- There is a minimum of 8 people required to run this tour! On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water and fruit
- Lunch in a restaurant on Panyee Island
- Kayak and equipment (only of kayak option has been booked)
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 07:45 - 08:30: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 08:30 - 09:00: Meet the crew at Ao Thalane Pier
- 09:00 - 09:45: Cruise by speed boat to James Bond Island
- 09:45 - 11:15: Sightseeing & photography at James Bond Island & Khao Phing Kan
- 11:15 - 11:30: Continue to Thalu Island
- 11:30 - 12:00: Guided kayaking into Lot Noi Cave (only if kayak option has been booked)
- 12:00 - 13:00: Have lunch on Panyee Island
- 13:00 - 14:15: Sightseeing & shopping on Koh Panyee
- 14:15 - 15:00: Head back to Krabi
- 15:00 - 15:30: Enjoy a marvellous view to Hong Island
- 15:30 - 16:00: Transfer to the hotel