James Bond Island Sightseeing Tour from Krabi by Longtail Boat with Kayaking Option
In the footsteps of Roger Moore
Embark on a journey to James Bond Island by large longtail boat. Experience sightseeing and canoeing on an 8-hour guided tour of the stunning limestone karst rocks. Follow in the footsteps of Roger Moore, visit Wat Suwan Kuha Temple and Panyee floating village in Phang Nga Bay, and more.
- Voyage through Phang Nga Bay by traditional longtail boat to James Bond Island
- Explore the giant stalactites, caves and limestone cliffs rising out of turquoise waters at Khao Phing Kan and Thapu Island
- Canoe among the limestone karst rocks of Thalu Island
- Lunch at Koh Panyee floating village, an entirely Muslim community floating on the water
- Visit Wat Suwan Kuha Temple on the way back to Krabi
- Swim and relax at Raman Waterfall Natural Park
After a short visit to Wat Suwan Kuha Temple, also known as “Monkey Cave,” climb aboard a traditional longtail boat at Tadan Pier near Phang Nga Town and voyage over to James Bond Island.
Phang Nga Bay found its way onto the tourist map through its starring role in the James Bond movie starring Roger Moore as 007, and is distinctive for its sheer limestone cliffs that jut vertically out of the crystal emerald-green water.
Discover the famous Khao Phing Kan, a very high leaning rock with tiny caves, where you can find stalls selling souvenirs mostly made from beautiful shells and wood. Walk around the James Bond Island and take a photo of Koh Tapu (also known as Nail Island or Spike Island). The limestone rock is around 20 meters tall with a diameter ranging from about 4 meters at the bottom and up to 8 meters at the top (hence the name of nail island).
Continue to Thalu Island, where you can take a guided kayak tour along the mangrove river and the giant stalactites caves & limestone cliffs (please book the kayak option). If canoeing isn’t your thing you can just enjoy the sights that James Bond Island and its surroundings has to offer!
Panyee floating village is where you will stop for lunch. The natural island of Panyee is a towering vertical mass of limestone. Nearly all of the village sits atop a huge network of stilts that clings to the edge of the island’s coastline and stretches out over the sea in a maze of raised platforms and walkways.
Cruise slowly back to the pier and make a last stop at Raman Waterfalls on your adventure. A place with an abundance of flora and fauna such as monkeys, deers, squirrels and birds.
Conclude your tour back in your centrally located hotel where you can make a great conclusion to an unforgettable day.
Choose an option
Choose a departure time
Choose a travel date
Pickup times per zone
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- Please bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and a camera.
- Longtail boats carry passengers as close to the beach as they can so passengers can hop off and on easily.
- Wear shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on the boat.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand.
- This trip is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water and fruit
- Lunch package
- Snorkeling equipment
- Kayak equipment (only if kayak option has been booked)
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 08:00 - 08:30: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 09:00 - 09:30: Drive by minivan to Phang Nga province
- 09:30 - 09:50: Short stopover at Khao Khao Petrol station to go to the bathroom
- 10:00 - 10:30: Cruise from Tha Dan Pier by longtail boat to James Bond Island
- 11:00 - 11:30: Visit James Bond Island & Khao Phing Kan
- 11:40 - 12:00: Sightseeing cruise by longtail boat to Thapu Island
- 12:00 - 12:40: Take a guided kayaking trip to Lot Cave (only if kayak option has been booked)
- 12:40 - 13:40: Restaurant lunch on Koh Panyee
- 14:00 - 14:30: Depart from Koh Panyee to Tha Dan Pier
- 14:30 - 15:00: Visit Wat Suwan Kuha Temple (Monkey Cave)
- 15:20 - 15:50: Enjoy swimming & relaxing at Raman waterfall (if enough water)
- 15:50 - 16:50: Head back to Krabi
- 16:50 - 17:15: Transfer to your hotel