Hong Island Speed Boat Tour by Sea Eagle
4 superb islands of Koh Hong
Visit the four superb islands of the Koh Hong group on the Krabi coastline by speed boat in a single day. Explore the “secret” inner lagoon of Hong Island, Koh Lading, with its sheltered cove that was once used by birds’ nest collectors, and Koh Pakbia, which boast impressive sandbanks and rock formations.
- Snorkel at Daeng Island, a rock island on the way to Koh Hong
- Swim at Lading Island
- Take a photo of the impressive sandbar at Pakbia & Rai Island
- Cruise into the “secret” Hong Lagoon
- Sightseeing & kayaking at Hong Island
The tour will include at least two pretty decent snorkeling stops of 40 minutes each, at Koh Daeng, a rock island on the way to Koh Hong, and the second in Lading Bay. You will then continue to Pakbia and Rai Island for taking photos and have a swim at the impressive sandbars revealed at low tide.
The next stop will be at the main island itself. The half-circle shaped Hong Island is uninhabited, except for the birds, white-faced gibbons and giant monitor lizards that can be often spotted on the main white sand beach. Enjoy a delicious lunch including seasonal fruits and refreshments at the magnificent twin bays of Koh Hong. You will have a plenty of time to take in the beauty of this superb island.
Its interior is home to a large lagoon, where you can find yourself at one with nature. The entrance to the lagoon is through a dramatic cliff passage that should be photographed on your way out. If you have booked the kayak option, don't miss to paddle at low tide into the lagoon, as the diminishing water level makes its colour change drastically from a deep emerald green to a clear turquoise.
Cruise back to the pier in Ao Nang where the van driver will give you a safe ride to your hotel.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Sea Eagle Tour.
- Bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and camera
- Speed boats carry passengers as close to the beach as they can so passengers can hop off and on easily.
- Wear shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on the boat.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand.
- This tour is not recommended for infants under 3 years old, pregnant women or people with back or neck problems
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water & fruit
- Lunch package
- Snorkeling equipment
- Kayak equipment (only if kayak option has been booked)
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 08:00 - 09:00: Hotel pickup in Ao Nang, Krabi Town & Railay Beach
- 09:00 - 09:30: Depart from Nopparat Thara Pier
- 09:30 - 10:20: Snorkel at Daeng Island
- 10:20 - 10:40: Continue to Lading Island for swimming & snorkeling
- 10:40 - 11:20: Stop at Pakbia & Rai Island for taking photos of the sandbar
- 11:20 - 12:00: Cruise into the “secret” Hong Lagoon
- 12:00 - 12:30: Enjoy lunch at the beach of Hong Island
- 12:30 - 14:00: Free time for swimming, sunbathing & kayaking (only if kayak option has been booked)
- 14:00 - 15:00: Head back to Nopparat Thara Pier and transfer back to your hotel