The Hong Islands Day Trip by Mangrove Bay Krabi
Discover the 4 super islands of Koh Hong group
Explore every cranny and nook of the four super islands of the Koh Hong group aboard the Mangrove Bay Krabi speed boat within only fifteen minutes from Ao Thalane Bay. Slide between towering limestone walls that shelter Hong Lagoon surrounded by mangroves with their incredible root systems, then slip into the water to snorkel over brilliant fish and shallow reefs before enjoying a delicious Thai buffet lunch on a secluded beach.
- Visit four stunning places at Hong Island group
- Snorkel at a sheltered cove with perfect sand beach
- Paddle along the sinuous coastline with lush vegetation and soaring cliffs
- Eat a delicious Thai lunch on a pristine beach
- Spot monitor lizards, white-faced gibbons and brilliant tropical birds
Featuring a beautiful sheltered cove with perfect sand beach, Koh Hong is a great place to snorkel with a good variety of small colourful fish. The beach features many palm trees providing plenty of shady spots to sit back and marvel at the view.
Slide between towering limestone walls that shelter Hong Lagoon surrounded by mangroves with their incredible root systems, then slip into the water to snorkel over brilliant fish and shallow reefs. If you have booked the kayak option, paddle along the sinuous coastline. Then eat lunch on a pristine beach, where lush vegetation and soaring cliffs join the Andaman Sea.
You will also going to visit 2 smaller islands just a 15 minute boat ride from the main island. Check out the crystal clear water at Pak Bia Island with a mushroom shaped rock. This island is quite scenic, not crowded and has a few makeshift swings hanging from branches of trees by the long stretched beach. Continue to Lading Island with a sandy beach surrounded by cliffs on both ends and a scenic karst seascape beyond. Here you can walk on a jungle footpath to a small cove a few hundred meters away.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Mangrove Bay Krabi Tour & Charter.
- Bring a towel, waterproof bag, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and camera.
- Speed boats carry passengers as close to the beach as they can so passengers can hop off and on easily.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand and shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on the boat.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, infants under 2 years or people with back or neck problems.
- There is a minimum of 8 people required to run this tour! On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
- Hotel round-trip transfer
- Drinking water and fruits
- Snorkeling equipment
- Kayak equipment (only if kayak option has been booked)
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee (children only)
- There is a National Park entrance fee of 300 THB per adult to be paid at point of entry! These fees are to help park rangers keep the park and wildlife protected and clean so we can enjoy the natural beauty.
- 07:50 - 08:45: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 08:45 - 09:20: Transfer to Ao Thalane Pier by minivan
- 09:20 - 09:35: Cruise by speed boat from Ao Thalane Pier to Pakbia Island
- 09:35 - 10:20: Swim and snorkel at the beach of Koh Pakbia
- 10:20 - 11:45: Relax and enjoy lunch at Lao Lading Beach
- 11:45 - 12:15: Enter Hong Lagoon by boat and make photos
- 12:15 - 14:20: Paddle by kayak at Koh Hong (if kayaking option has been booked)
- 14:20 - 14:40: Head back to Ao Thalane Pier
- 14:40 - 15:00: Transfer back to the hotel