Hong Island Sightseeing Tour with Mr. Baw by Longtail Boat
Snorkel on the getaway island of Krabi
Discover one of the Andaman Sea's most beautiful island on a full-day tour to Hong Island from Krabi. Cruise by longtail boat with your guide Mr. Baw into the picture-perfect natural lagoon surrounded by majestic limestone formations. Slip into the water to snorkel over brilliant fish and shallow reefs or paddle by kayak on the calm waters around Koh Hong. Dry off on white sandy beaches and bathe under the warmth of the sun.
- Snorkel on beautiful Daeng Island
- Visit Paradise Island or Koh Pakbia and bathe in the warmth of the sun on a white sandy beach
- Enter the secret Hong Lagoon and explore the hidden mangrove forest
- Paddle around Hong Island and spot colorful fish
- Enjoy a delicious buffet lunch on an unspoiled beach
Mr. Baw will be the jack of all trades: He will pick you up from the hotel lobby, give you safety instructions and information about the tour at Nopparat Thara Pier, act as your guide, locate the best snorkel spots, swim with you, prepare the lunch setting at the beach of Pakbia Island, show you how to paddle a kayak, make nice photos from you, and just be around if you need any help.
Koh Hong will enchant you right when you step on the island. Part of Than Bok Khorani National Park, Koh Hong features a beautiful sheltered cove with perfect sand beach and many palm trees providing plenty of shady spots to sit back and marvel at the view. Discover every cranny and nook of Hong Island’s stunning bays, or bask on the shores and watch for Monitor Lizards, White-Faced Gibbons and brilliant tropical birds.
Hong in Thai means “room”, and the literal translation of the islands Thai name is “the island with the room” due to the gorgeous lagoon located in the centre surrounded by mangroves with their incredible root systems. Slide between towering limestone walls that shelter Hong Lagoon and slip into the water to snorkel over brilliant fish and shallow reefs.
If you have booked the kayak option, paddle along the sinuous coastline where lush vegetation and soaring cliffs join the Andaman Sea. You will also get to visit Koh Daeng (Red Island), Koh Lading (Paradise Island) and Koh Pakbia. Enjoy a delicious lunch on a tropical beach giving you plenty of time to take in the beauty of the islands.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Krabi Kingdom.
- Bring towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and a camera.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand and shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on the boat.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water and fruit
- Lunch package
- Snorkeling equipment
- Kayak equipment (only if kayak option has been booked)
- Life jacket
- Knowledgeable local guide with basic English
- Basic accident insurance
- There is a National Park entrance fee of 300 THB per adult and 100 THB per child to be paid at point of entry! These fees are to help park rangers keep the park and wildlife protected and clean so we can enjoy the natural beauty.
- 08:00 - 09:00: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 09:00 - 09:30: Cruise by longtail boat to Hong Island
- 09:30 - 10:10: Stop at Koh Daeng for open water snorkeling
- 10:10 - 11:00: Visit Koh Lading or Koh Pakbia
- 11:00 - 12:00: Cruise into Hong Lagoon for taking photos & have a swim
- 12:00 - 13:00: Enjoy lunch at the beach
- 13:00 - 15:00: Free time for relaxing, swimming, sunbathing & kayaking (only if kayak option has been booked)
- 15:00 - 15:45: Depart from Hong Island Beach to Nopparat Thara Pier
- 15:45 - 16:00: Transfer to hotel