Full-Day Sea Kayaking Adventure in Ao Thalane Bay from Krabi
Small-group sea kayaking eco-trip
Spend a full day paddling in the cool shade of the Ao Thalane canyons in the north of Krabi. Explore the diverse ecosystem on a sit-on top kayak manoeuvring through mangrove forest, caves and channels surrounded by towering cast formations whilst observing the diverse wildlife, including crab-eating macaques, gibbons, the occasional cicada and otters. Enjoy a yummy lunch and find the perfect private beach to relax and have a refreshing swim.
- Explore the diverse ecosystem of Ao Thalane Bay
- Paddle through beautiful bays and mangrove forest
- Observe crab-eating macaques, gibbons, cicada and otters
- Swim and relax at a small private beach without the crowds
- Eco-friendly activity with low-impact on environment
Start paddling a short distance through open water from the launching point to the mangroves forest of Ao Thalane. The guide will lead you through shallow channels and over submerged roots. Spot cliffs with supposedly thousand year old historical paintings done by sea gypsies who once lived in these area.
At times, stop paddling and just listen. Silence, except for occasional sound of cicadas and rustling of leaves overhead. The aerial roots of the mangroves at Ao Thalane are home to many crustaceans which attract many game fish like snappers in these waters. You can also spot several species of birds and monkeys, in particular the crab-eating macaque monkey.
Some parts of the journey requires you to negotiate sharp turns in tight spaces as you wave your way through the forest. Therefore, this tour is specially designed making it semi-private, a maximum of 10 people to one guide. Enjoy the undeveloped environment without unpleasant crowds.
At midday enjoy a delicious Thai style lunch to recharge your batteries for the next adventure. Continue paddling and enter the canyons of Ao Thalane, right next to almost vertical limestone cliffs, towering above you. Enter a large cave with stalagmites and stalactites which was named the Crocodile Cave, probably because some of the hanging stalactites may look like a crocodile to those with a bit of imagination.
Leave the cave, and continue through a lagoon on your way out from the forest. Surrounded by the limestone karsts, this spectacular seascape at this part of Ao Thalane is the filming location for many movies. The total paddle time is around 3 hours, not including breaks.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Sea Kayak Krabi.
- Bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and camera.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand and shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on kayak.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, infants under 2 years or people with back or neck problems.
- There is a minimum of 2 people required to run this tour! On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
- Hotel round-trip transfer
- Drinking water, soft drinks, snacks, fruits, coffee and tea
- Thai style lunch
- Waterproof bag
- Kayak equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- 08:00 - 08:30: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 08:30 - 09:00: Meet the boat crew at Sea Kayak Pier in Ao Thalane
- 09:00 - 09:30: Enjoy a fresh coffee and get instructions from the guide
- 09:30 - 10:00: Start paddling from the pier to the mangrove forest
- 10:30 - 11:30: Float gently through mangrove forest with narrow channels
- 11:30 - 13:00: Enjoy a Thai style lunch at the pier
- 13:00 - 14:30: Enter the canyons of Ao Thalane by kayak
- 14:30 - 15:15: Relax and have a swim at a private beach
- 15:15 - 15:30: Head back to the pier
- 15:30 - 16:00: Transfer back to your hotel