Krabi Elephant Sanctuary
A new home for overtired elephants
Experience elephants in a safe and natural environment in the Krabi Elephant Sanctuary. The first elephant lodge in Krabi offers a new home for overtired elephants who have suffered from working long hours in the logging and tourism industry!
- Feed elephants with bananas and sugar cane
- Interact with the elephants in a healthy & safe way
- Learn about their lifestyle & behaviours
- Get muddy with the elephants
- Bathe & brush the elephants
Get picked up by air-conditioned minivan from your hotel in Ao Nang and Krabi Town and drive to Ao Luek district in less than 50 minutes through scenic rural villages. After arrival, your guide will welcome you and walk you through the sanctuary with free roaming elephants.
Feed them with bananas and sugar cane, which is the elephant’s typically diet including also a variety of fruits, bamboo shoots and leaves, rice, corn, tree bark, and jungle leaves. You can touch, feed, photograph, and interact with the elephants at your leisure while you learn about their lifestyle and behaviours.
After you have met all the elephants, get muddy with them as you apply a healthy cosmetic mud treatment to their skin. Next, you will walk with the elephants to a nearby river pond and join them in the water for a refreshing bath. Take a swim and help bathe and brush the elephants while they wade through and play in the water.
Once the elephants are clean, you can take some final photos with them and then it's time to change into some dry clothes. Finally, eat some seasonal fresh fruits, before enjoying once again the impressive rural scenery as you drive back to Krabi.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Krabi Elephant Sanctuary.
- Bring sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, bathing suits, extra shirt, walking shoes, camera and insect repellent.
- The sanctuary does not offer any riding activity!
- The tickets cannot be refunded under any circumstances!
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water, snacks, coffee & tea
- Food to feed the elephants
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- 06:30 - 07:30: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 07:30 - 08:20: Drive by minivan to Ao Luk through rural villages
- 08:20 - 09:00: Meet the guide and walk through the sanctuary
- 09:00 - 09:30: Change clothes, prepare fruits and feed the elephants
- 09:30 - 10:00: Interact with elephants
- 10:00 - 11:00: Bathe the elephants and make photos
- 11:00 - 12:00: Get some tea, coffee and seasonal fruits
- 12:00 - 12:30: Return back to your hotel