Similan Islands Snorkel Tour by Fantastic Similan from Krabi
World class snorkeling at stonehenge of Similan Islands
This speed boat tour will take you to 4 of the best 9 islands of the Similan archipelago. Enjoy a convenient transfer directly from your hotel in Krabi to the starting point in Khao Lak by shared minivan where you will board the speed boat and head to the Similan Islands. Wild, unspoiled beaches, magnificent coral growth, prolific marine life, crystalline blue water and sensational underwater rock formations can be seen here.
- Snorkel at Stonehenge which is named after the towering rocks that rise from depths of 25m and below
- Head to Na Beach on Koh Miang (Park Headquarter)
- Enjoy the pristine beach, explore the island and discover the Honeymoon Bay
- Continue to Bangu Island where huge granite boulders have tumbled
- Snorkel at Christmas Point and, if you are lucky, watch dolphins frolicking in the sea or swim with sea turtles
- Continue to Donald Duck Bay on Koh Similan where you can relax at the beach or hike to the viewpoint
The Islands are situated 95 km north-west of Krabi and 65 km west of Khao Lak. It consists of nine densely wooded islands fringed with rocky outcrops and gorgeous beaches of fine talcum-powder-like sand forms the Similan Islands National Park. The islands are home to a huge variety of marine life of which many are rare and endangered species.
Rising sea temperatures cause plankton blooms, which attracts a wealth of the larger animals into the area, resulting in chance encounters with, amongst others, schooling chevron barracuda, giant trevally, rainbow runners and reef sharks. There’s also a selection of rays including eagle, marbled and enormous but graceful and harmless mantas.
Clear waters, healthy coral and plentiful fish, the Similan Islands are perfect for the beginner and experienced snorkeler.
The tour is operated only during high season from November to late May (Thailand’s hottest period).
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Rung Siam Andaman.
- Please bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and a camera.
- Speed boats carry passengers as close to the beach as they can so passengers can hop off and on easily.
- Wear shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on the boat.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand.
- This trip is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems
- The minimum number of passengers required for this tour to depart is 2. On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water and fruit
- Lunch package
- Snorkeling equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 06:00 - 06:30: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 06:30 - 08:30: Depart by minivan from Krabi to Khao Lak
- 08:30 - 09:00: Have coffee & light breakfast at Por Duangtaweeporn 1 Pier
- 09:00 - 10:30: Depart by speed boat to Similan Islands
- 10:30 - 11:30: Sightseeing & swimming at Miang Island (Koh 4)
- 11:30 - 12:00: Lunch at the beach
- 12:00 - 13:00: Snorkel & swim at Payu Island (Koh 7)
- 13:00 - 14:00: More snorkeling at Ba-ngu Island (Koh 9)
- 14:00 - 15:00: Relax at the beach of Similan Island (Koh 8), climb to the viewpoint at Sailing Rock
- 15:00 - 16:15: Depart from Similan Island to Por Duangtaweeporn 1 Pier
- 16:15 - 18:15: Drive from Por Duangtaweeporn 1 Pier back to Krabi
- 18:15 - 18:45: Transfer to hotel in Krabi