Similan Islands Snorkel Tour by Fantastic Similan from Krabi
World class snorkeling at stonehenge of Similan Islands
This snorkel tour will take you to 4 of the best 9 islands of the Similan Islands archipelago. Ride by van from your hotel in Krabi directly to the starting point in Khao Lak and board the speed boat with 45 limited seats. You will experience wild, unspoiled beaches, magnificent coral growth, prolific marine life, crystalline blue water and sensational underwater rock formations.
- Snorkel at the Stonehenge of Thailand
- Enjoy pristine beaches at Honeymoon Bay
- Spot dolphins & sea turtles at Christmas Point
- Climb up to the viewpoint at Donald Duck Bay
- Enjoy a yummy seafood Thai lunch with a fruit basket
Appreciate the scenery as you make your way to your first snorkeling spot at Koh Miang, the Island No. 4. Clear waters, healthy coral and plentiful fish, this island is perfect for the beginner and experienced snorkeler. Spend some time at the beach and explore the underwater world before enjoying a seafood lunch with authentic Thai cuisine and a fruit basket on the serene sandy beach of Princess Bay.
Depart for Koh Payu, the Island No. 7, which is ideal for snorkeling at the East of Eden with a reef slope that ranges from 5 to 40 metres. Then make your way to the waters of Christmas Point at Koh Bangu, the Island No. 9, for one more snorkeling opportunity with massive coral heads in The Mooring, and Snapper Alley for Asian snapper living among the giant rocks.
The last stop is at the tranquil waters of Donald Duck Bay on Koh Similan, the Island No. 8. Here you can relax on the beach or hike to the island's viewpoint at Sailing Rock before heading back to the pier where a light snack with fresh fruits and drinks are awaiting you. Get transferred back to your hotel and replay the day's happenings.
The Similan Islands National Park is situated 95 km north-west of Krabi and 65 km west of Khao Lak. It consists of nine densely wooded islands fringed with rocky outcrops and gorgeous beaches of fine talcum-powder-like sand. Rising sea temperatures cause plankton blooms, which attracts a wealth of the larger animals into the area. Spot chevron barracuda, giant trevally, rainbow runners and reef sharks.
Please note that the Similan Islands National Park is officially opened to the public from 15th October until 15th May.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Rung Siam Andaman.
- Bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and a camera.
- Speed boats carry passengers as close to the beach as they can so passengers can hop off and on easily.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand and shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on the boat.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, infants under 4 years, people over 69 years or people with back or neck problems.
- The minimum number of passengers required for this tour to depart is 4. On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
- To be able to board the speed boat at the pier, it is essential that you send us a copy of the passport ID page (the one with your photo, your date of birth, etc.) for each traveller before the trip starts. Otherwise you have to bring the passport or a copy of the passport for each traveller on the trip itself.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Coffee and light breakfast
- Drinking water
- Thai seafood lunch and fruit basket
- Snorkeling equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional English and Chinese speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 05:30 - 06:00: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 06:00 - 08:30: Drive by minivan from Krabi to Khao Lak
- 08:30 - 09:00: Have coffee & light breakfast at Tao Than Pier
- 09:00 - 10:45: Cruise by speed boat to Similan Islands
- 10:45 - 11:45: Sightseeing & swimming at Miang Island (Koh 4)
- 11:45 - 12:45: Enjoy a Thai seafood lunch on the beach
- 12:45 - 13:45: Snorkel & swim at Payu Island (Koh 7)
- 13:45 - 14:45: More snorkeling at Ba-ngu Island (Koh 9)
- 14:45 - 15:45: Relax at the beach of Similan Island (Koh 8), climb to the viewpoint at Sailing Rock
- 15:45 - 17:15: Depart from Similan Island to Tao Than Pier
- 17:15 - 18:45: Drive back by minivan to Krabi
- 18:45 - 19:00: Transfer to the hotel in Krabi