Cheow Lan Lake Raft House Adventure from Krabi
Overnight stay in floating bungalow
Experience the magic of Cheow Lan Lake in the Khao Sok National Park on a multi day tour from Krabi including sightseeing by longtail boat, lake canoeing, caving and an overnight stay in a raft house lead by a knowledgeable English speaking tour guide.
- Overnight stay in a rafthouse on Cheow Lan Lake
- Lake canoeing & nature watching
- Night safari by longtail boat
- Swim and relax in the fresh water lake
- Explore Pra Kay Petch Cave with stalagmites & stalactites
First stop will be at the famous Wat Bang Riang, a beautiful hilltop temple which is located on Khao Lan Mountain in Thap Put in Phang Nga Province. It features a seated golden Buddha image, a large statue of Kwam Im, the Chinese Goddess of Mercy and fine Thai temple architecture. Continue to a scenic viewpoint near Khao Sok National Park to make some nice photos. Next stop is at Monkey Temple, where several monkeys coexist peacefully. You can give them food and water, and also visit the small cave converted into a temple containing Buddha images inside.
Enjoy a traditional Thai lunch at the jungle hut near the Khao Sok River. After a short break, continue to Ratchaprapha Dam from where a longtail boat will bring you to the floating raft houses on the Cheow Lan Lake in 45 minutes. During the cruise you will see amazing landscapes and wonderful nature.
Check in at your raft house and take a refreshing dip in the lake. Then you have time to explore the surrounding area by canoe. You are likely to spot hornbills which are commonly seen in the old-growth jungle trees at the water's edge and enjoy a dinner at the local restaurant. You will sleep in a simple raft house on Cheaw Larn Lake, with fan and shared bath room.
After a well-deserved deep sleep in the raft house, you will do a sightseeing trip by longtail boat to enjoy the early morning mist on the still lake. It is now time for a rich, vitalise breakfast to strengthen yourself for the next adventure.
Follow the trail into the breathtaking Pra Kay Petch Cave (also known as Diamond Cave) which winds deep into the interior of Khao Sok National Park. Along the way your guide will explain the unique history of the region and it’s cultural significance, pointing out such magnificent creatures as; Jurassic insects, butterflies and rare birds. Next you’ll strap on your headlamps and prepare to get wet, as the hike extends through the “water cave” (dry season only) and soon becomes a dark wonderland. This is an excellent time to view the many nocturnal species that inhabit this cave (from a safe distance of course) and cool yourself in the river as you explore.
Complete your eco adventure with a lunch before heading back to Krabi with drop-off at your hotel at approx. 17.00. You can extend this 2 day trip with an additional night in a jungle hut.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Sutin Group.
- Bring a multi day pack, good shoes, a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, mosquito repellent and a camera.
- You will sleep in a simple raft house with basic facilities.
- The Rafflesia only blooms for a few days a year, usually during January and February.
- There is a minimum of 2 people required to run this tour!
- During high season the tour cannot be cancelled due to high demand!
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Travel by air-conditioned car from Krabi to Khao Sok
- Drinking water, morning coffee, fruits
- Lunch, dinner & breakfast
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Longtail boat ride to raft house on Cheow Lan Lake
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 07:30 - 08:30: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 08:30 - 10:00: Drive by minivan to Khao Sok
- 10:00 - 11:00: Sightseeing at Bang Riang Temple
- 11:00 - 11:30: Admire the view from a scenic viewpoint
- 11:30 - 12:00: Stop at Monkey Cave to feed monkeys
- 12:00 - 13:00: Enjoy lunch at the jungle restaurant
- 13:00 - 14:00: Head to the pier at Cheow Lan Lake
- 14:00 - 14:45: Cruise by longtail boat to the raft house
- 14:45 - 15:00: Check-in at the raft house
- 15:00 - 17:00: Kayak in the lake & have a swim
- 17:00 - 19:00: Free time with relaxing in the raft house
- 19:00 - 20:00: Enjoy dinner at the raft house
- 07:00 - 07:45: Have breakfast at the raft house
- 07:45 - 09:00: Sightseeing by longtail boat on the lake
- 08:00 - 10:00: Explore a cave with stalagmites & stalactites
- 10:00 - 12:00: Relaxing at the raft house
- 12:00 - 13:00: Enjoy lunch at the restaurant
- 13:00 - 15:00: Check-out from the raft house
- 15:00 - 15:30: Cruise by boat back to the pier
- 15:30 - 16:30: Drive by minivan back to Krabi
- 16:30 - 17:00: Transfer to the hotel