Krabi Adventure Day Trip with Kayaking and Elephant Riding
Adventure at nature
Paddle yourself with a sit-on-top kayak into the canyons of Ao Thalen. Enjoy the stunning limestone cliffs, half open caves, mangroves and plenty of wildlife. Have a delicious Thai lunch before taking a refreshing swim in a secluded, natural forest stream in Phu Tara. Continue to the elephant camp near Ao Nang and enjoy an hour elephant ride through rubber plantations and the jungle of Krabi.
- Kayak into the canyons and coves of Ao Thalane
- See a plenty of wildlife and animals while paddling between raised mangrove roots
- Enjoy a delicious Thai lunch in a restaurant
- Stop off for a refreshing swim in the secluded, natural forest stream of Phu Tara
- Spend an hour on the elephant's back while it takes you through the jungle of Krabi
Start your day trip with a pickup from your hotel at 9am and take a 30-minute scenic drive through rural villages to the incredible Thalane Bay. This area is perfect for cruising in a kayak, with towering limestone cliffs protecting the endangered mangrove environment at the coast. Discover various coves, small inlets, and hidden lagoons on this paddling tour, the shade from the jungle all around you will keep it cool. If you are lucky, see wild monkeys and other wildlife. The total paddle time is around 1.5 hours, not including breaks.
The tour guide will give you some basic instructions on safety and on how to use the paddles. You will cruise on flat calm water so the tour is also suitable for first time kayakers or kids. Most of the kayaks are three seaters although it’s normal to use one kayak for two adults.
A set menu lunch is provided at the kayak center before heading to Sra Kaew, to take a refreshing swim in a secluded, natural forest pool. Continue to the Nosey Parker Elephant Camp near Ao Nang for the 1-hour elephant trek through rubber plantations and along a cliffside stream. You will arrive back to your hotel at 4:30pm.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- Bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and camera.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant ladies, infants or people with back or neck problems.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water, soft drinks, snacks, fruits, coffee, and tea
- Restaurant lunch (Thai dishes with rice)
- Kayak equipment including life jackets and dry bags
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- 08:00 - 09:00: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 09:00 - 09:40: Drive to Ao Thalane by minivan
- 09:40 - 12:30: Kayaking into the canyons in Ao Thalane
- 12:30 - 13:30: Have lunch in a restaurant
- 13:30 - 15:00: Relax & swim at the natural crystal steam of Sra Kaew
- 15:00 - 16:00: Enjoy 1 hour elephant trek
- 16:00 - 16:30: Transfer to hotel