1 Day Khao Sok Jungle Safari and 2 Days Cheow Lan Lake Explorer from Krabi
Overnight wildlife adventure
This 3 days and 2 nights Khao Sok safari takes you on 3-hour trekking into the heart of Khao Sok National Park followed by an overnight stay in a jungle bungalow. On the second and third day you will float down the Khao Sok River, explore Cheow Lan Lake by longtail boat, visit Pra Kay Petch Cave and sleep in a rafthouse on the lake.
- Jungle trekking in Khao Sok National Park
- Sleep in a jungle bungalow at the Sok River
- Cruise by longtail boat on Cheow Lan Lake
- Overnight stay in a floating rafthouse on the lake
- Explore Pra Kay Petch Cave with stalagmites & stalactites
Arrive in Khao Sok National Park and enjoy a traditional Thai lunch at the jungle hut near the Sok River where you will also stay for overnight. Check-in at the jungle bungalow and, after a short break, drive to the scenic Khao Sok Viewpoint to take beautiful photos of the amazing panorama.
The highlight of this day is a hike into the lush green rainforest of Khao Sok National Park. Trek 3 hours along rainforest trails deep into the valley's stunning scenery lead by an experienced guide who will explain you about the flora and fauna of the oldest evergreen rainforest in Thailand. Head back to the jungle hut for a well-deserved dinner with healthy Thai food. Settle in the cozy bungalow with the noises of the jungle.
The next morning, enjoy a rich and vitalising breakfast. Then it's time to put your swimsuit on and gentle float down the Khao Sok River. The journey takes you past towering cliffs and shoals of brightly colored river fish, and includes a stop to swim in the cool waters. Regain your strength with a tasty lunch before heading to the floating raft houses on Cheow Lan Lake. During the cruise you will see amazing landscapes and wonderful nature.
Check-in at your raft house and take a refreshing dip in the lake. You will have time to explore the surrounding area by canoe before starting the evening lake safari. You are likely to spot hornbills which are commonly seen in the old-growth jungle trees at the water's edge. Back at the raft house, enjoy a dinner in the local restaurant. Sleep in a simple floating bungalow on Cheow Lan Lake, with fan and shared bath room.
After a well-deserved deep slumber, do a sightseeing trip by longtail boat to enjoy the early morning mist on the still lake. It's now time for a rich, vitalise breakfast to strengthen yourself for the next adventure. Follow a mini jungle trail into the breathtaking Pra Kay Petch Cave which winds deep into the interior of Khao Sok National Park. You will be able to spot Jurassic insects, butterflies and rare birds.
Next you’ll strap on your headlamps. Prepare to get wet, as the hike extends through the “water cave” (dry season only) and soon becomes a dark wonderland. This is an excellent time to view the many nocturnal species that inhabit this cave (from a safe distance of course) and cool yourself in the river as you explore.
Complete your eco adventure with a lunch before heading back to Krabi with drop-off at your hotel at approx. 17.00.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Sutin Group.
- Bring a multi day pack, good shoes, a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, mosquito repellent and a camera.
- You will sleep in a simple raft house with basic facilities.
- The Rafflesia only blooms for a few days a year, usually during January and February.
- During high season the tour cannot be cancelled due to high demand!
- There is a minimum of 2 people required to run this tour! On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Travel by air-conditioned car from Krabi to Khao Sok
- Drinking water, morning coffee, fruits
- Lunch, dinner & breakfast
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Longtail boat ride to raft house on Cheow Lan Lake
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 07:30 - 08:30: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 08:30 - 09:00: Drive by minivan to Khao Sok
- 09:00 - 10:00: Stopover at Tha Pom Klong Song Nam
- 10:00 - 11:00: Explore Bang Riang Temple in Phang Nga
- 11:00 - 12:00: Continue to Khao Sok National Park
- 12:00 - 13:00: Enjoy lunch at the jungle restaurant in Khao Sok
- 13:00 - 13:30: Check-in at the jungle bungalow
- 13:30 - 14:00: Admire the panoramic view from Khao Sok Viewpoint
- 14:00 - 17:00: Jungle trek in Khao Sok National Park
- 17:00 - 19:00: Free time at the bungalow
- 19:00 - 20:00: Enjoy a delicious Thai dinner
- 20:00 - 08:30: Overnight stay
- 08:30 - 09:30: Have breakfast in the restaurant
- 09:30 - 10:00: Drive to canoeing camp at Sok River
- 10:00 - 11:30: Canoe on the Sok River
- 11:30 - 12:00: Head back to the bungalow & check out
- 12:00 - 13:30: Enjoy lunch in the restaurant
- 13:30 - 14:30: Visit the suspension bridge in Khao Phang
- 14:30 - 15:30: Cruise by longtail boat to the raft house
- 15:30 - 16:00: Check in at the raft house
- 16:00 - 17:00: Free time for swimming and relaxing
- 17:00 - 19:00: Evening safari on the lake by longtail boat
- 19:00 - 20:00: Enjoy dinner at the raft house
- 20:00 - 07:00: Overnight stay in the floating bungalow
- 07:00 - 08:00: Morning safari on the lake by longtail boat
- 08:00 - 09:30: Have breakfast at the raft house
- 09:30 - 12:00: Sightseeing on the lake with mini-trekking to Pra Kay Petch Cave
- 12:00 - 13:00: Enjoy lunch at the restaurant
- 13:00 - 14:00: Check-out from the raft house
- 14:00 - 14:45: Cruise by boat back to the pier
- 14:45 - 16:30: Drive by minivan to Krabi
- 16:30 - 17:00: Transfer to the hotel