Day Trip to Angthong Marine Park by Speed Boat from Koh Samui
Snorkel & kayak adventure in the 42 island archipelago
Spend the day in the emerald jewel of the Gulf of Thailand on a speed boat tour to Angthong Marine Park from Koh Samui. Start the day off with a light breakfast and a 45-minute speed boat ride through the 42 islands. Spend the rest of your day snorkeling the colourful coral reefs and kayaking in the idyllic oasis of the park. Visit the viewpoint of Koh Mae Ko island for an amazing view of the crystal lagoon and the stunning rock formations towering above the archipelago.
- Cruise by speed boat through the Marine Park with 42 islands
- Enjoy a snorkeling adventure in the natural oasis of Angthong
- Hike up to Koh Mae Ko for an amazing view of the lagoon
- Feast on a delicious buffet lunch at Wua Ta Lap Island
- Spend the afternoon kayaking through the emerald waters
Angthong translates as 'golden bowl', occupies almost 250 sq km and includes 50 sq km of surreal limestone islands and karst topography, which rise from the sea. All of the 42 islands are uninhabited and undeveloped except for one. This island, Koh Paluay, is inhabited by sea-gypsies who still earn a living from fishing. The Marine Park is famous for its natural beauty untouched by development.
Spend the day island-hopping through the archipelago, visiting the park's principal islands, and exploring their natural caves and stunning rock formations by kayak. On Koh Mae Ko, you can hike up to the top with a spectacular view over the emerald saltwater lake called Thale Nai which is connected with the sea through underwater caves. A trail that takes 20 minutes to walk leads from a nearby beach to the viewpoint over the lake.
At mid-day, enjoy a delicious Thai style buffet lunch at the beach of Woa Ta Lab, and spend the afternoon sunbathing or simply relaxing on the endless white sand beaches of the islands.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Lomlahk Khirin.
- Bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and a camera.
- Speed boats carry passengers as close to the beach as they can so passengers can hop off and on easily.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand and shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on the boat.
- Expect to get a bit wet on a speed boat or kayak during the tour.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, children under the age of 2 years or people with back or neck problems
- During check-in at the pier, you will have to fill your name and passport number in the insurance form. Please remember your passport number or bring a photo copy of the passport ID page on the day of the trip.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water and fruit
- Light breakfast and buffet lunch
- Snorkeling and kayaking equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- There is a National Park entrance fee of 300 THB per adult and 150 THB per child to be paid at point of entry! These fees are to help park rangers keep the park and wildlife protected and clean so we can enjoy the natural beauty.
- 07:30 - 08:15: Hotel pickup on Koh Samui
- 08:15 - 09:00: Meet the boat crew and enjoy a light breakfast
- 09:00 - 09:20: Depart from Bang Rak Pier to Angthong Marine Park
- 09:20 - 09:25: Quick stopover on Koh Phangan for pickup other customers
- 09:25 - 09:50: Cruise further to Angthong Marine Park
- 09:50 - 10:50: Open water snorkeling at the first island in Angthong Marine Park
- 10:50 - 11:00: Continue to Wua Ta Lap Island
- 11:00 - 12:00: Sightseeing & swimming at the beach of Koh Wua Ta Lap
- 12:00 - 13:00: Lunch at a local restaurant near the park ranger station
- 13:00 - 13:45: Kayaking through the emerald waters surrounding the islands
- 13:45 - 15:00: Hike to the view point of Koh Mae Ko
- 15:00 - 15:25: Depart from Angthong National Marine Park to Koh Phangan
- 15:25 - 15:30: Quick stopover on Koh Phangan to drop-off other customers
- 15:30 - 16:30: Cruise to Koh Samui & transfer to hotel