Day Trip to Angthong Marine Park by Speed Boat from Koh Samui
Snorkel & kayak adventure in the 42 island archipelago
Spend the day in emerald jewel of the Gulf of Thailand on this full-day tour to the Angthong Marine Park from Koh Samui. Start the day off with a 45-minute speed boat ride, and spend the rest of your day snorkeling colourful coral reefs and kayaking in the idyllic oasis of the park. Visit the islands of Phaluai, Wua Ta Lap, Mae Ko, Sam Sao, Hin Dap, Nai Phut and Phai Luak exploring their natural caves, crystal lagoons, and stunning rock formations.
- Enjoy a snorkeling adventure in the natural oasis of Angthong
- Hike up to the top of Koh Mae Ko for an amazing view of the archipelago
- Feast on a delicious buffet lunch at a local restaurant on Woa Ta Lab Island
- Spend the afternoon kayaking through the emerald waters surrounding the islands
Angthong translates as 'golden bowl', occupies almost 250 sq km and includes 50 sq km of surreal limestone islands and karst topography, which rise from the sea. All of the 42 islands are uninhabited and undeveloped except for one. This island, Koh Paluay, is inhabited by sea-gypsies who still earn a living from fishing. The island looks like what Koh Samui used to look like 40 years ago, prior to the arrival of tourism and modern infrastructure. The Marine Park is famous for its natural beauty untouched by development.
Spend the day island-hopping through the archipelago, visiting the park's principal islands (which include Phaluai, Wua Ta Lap, Mae Ko, Sam Sao, Hin Dap, Nai Phut and Phai Luak), and exploring their natural caves, crystal lagoons, and stunning rock formations.
At mid-day, enjoy a delicious Thai lunch at a local restaurant on the island of Woa Ta Lab, and spend the afternoon sunbathing, swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, or simply relaxing on the endless white sand beaches of the islands.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- Please bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and a camera.
- Speed boats carry passengers as close to the beach as they can so passengers can hop off and on easily.
- Wear shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on the boat.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand.
- Expect to get a bit wet on a speed boat or kayak during the tour.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, children under the age of 2 years or people with back or neck problems
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water and fruit
- Buffet lunch
- Snorkeling & Kayak equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- There is a National Park entrance fee of 300 THB per adult and 150 THB per child to be paid at point of entry! These fees are to help park rangers keep the park and wildlife protected and clean so we can enjoy the natural beauty.
- 07:45 - 08:15: Hotel pickup on Koh Samui
- 09:00 - 09:20: Depart from Na Phra Lan Pier to Koh Phangan
- 09:20 - 09:25: Quick stopover on Koh Phangan for pickup other customers
- 09:25 - 09:50: Cruise further to Angthong Marine Park
- 09:50 - 10:50: Open water snorkeling at the first island in Angthong Marine Park
- 10:50 - 11:00: Continue to Wua Ta Lap Island
- 11:00 - 12:00: Sightseeing & swimming at the beach of Koh Wua Ta Lap
- 12:00 - 13:00: Lunch at a local restaurant near the park ranger station
- 13:00 - 13:45: Kayaking through the emerald waters surrounding the islands
- 13:45 - 15:00: Hike to the view point of Koh Mae Ko
- 15:00 - 15:25: Depart from Angthong National Marine Park to Koh Phangan
- 15:25 - 15:30: Quick stopover on Koh Phangan to drop-off other customers
- 15:30 - 16:30: Cruise to Koh Samui & transfer to hotel