Day Trip to Koh Nangyuan & Koh Tao by Insea Speedboat from Koh Samui
Snorkel and kayaking adventure around Koh Tao
Take a day trip from Samui to the idyllic island of Koh Nangyuan which sits only about half a kilometer from Koh Tao’s shoreline. It boasts a short hike up to the viewpoint, white sand beaches and amazing coral reefs. Stop for a scrumptious Thai style buffet lunch in the east of Koh Tao with romantic coves and a laid back neighbourly feel. Fill the afternoon with activities such as kayaking along the dramatic coastline with steep cliffs or cooling off in the amazing underwater world.
- Depart from Insea Speedboat pier with convenient facilities
- Exclusive kayaking experience at Koh Tao east-coast
- Semi-private tour so you never feel crowded
- Enjoy snorkeling spot at Buddha point
- Lead by professional English speaking guide
As you arrive at Koh Nangyuan, we recommend to immediately hike to the top of the spectacular viewpoint to avoid the crowds. It takes around 15 minutes to get to the top. Besides the viewpoint, you can spend time at the beach where a plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas are available to rent.
There are a few separate swimming areas on Koh Nangyuan - the Japanese Reef Garden is certainly one of the most impressive snorkel spot. The water is very shallow at the beginning with fine sand. After that it will be a little bit stony because the underground is full of corals, that’s why the water color is so beautiful.
Continue by speed boat to Koh Tao which is just half a kilometer from Nangyuan. Stop at a hidden cove in the east of Koh Tao and enjoy a scrumptious Thai style lunch at the beautiful ocean front restaurant.
Then it is time for paddling by kayak along the dramatic coastline with steep cliffs. For the more relaxed, cool off in the water and peer into the amazing underwater world from above. You will make several snorkel stops at Mango Bay, Lighthouse Bay, Hin Wang Bay or Aow Leuk.
Remember to capture the memories of a life time by renting one of our underwater digital cameras.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Insea Speedboat.
- Bring a towel, dry bag, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and a camera.
- Speed boats carry passengers as close to the beach as they can so passengers can hop off and on easily.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand and shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on the boat.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, children under the age of 2 years or people with back or neck problems.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water, Coca-Cola & fruits
- Light breakfast & Thai style buffet lunch
- Snorkeling & kayaking equipment
- Life jacket
- Refreshing towel
- Professional English and Chinese speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- Entrance fee to Koh Nangyuan
- 07:30 - 08:20: Hotel pickup on Koh Samui
- 08:20 - 08:50: Meet the boat crew at Insea Speedboat pier
- 08:50 - 09:00: Enjoy a light breakfast
- 09:00 - 10:30: Cruise by speed boat to Koh Nangyuan
- 10:30 - 12:00: Sunbath, snorkel & climb up to the viewpoint of Nangyuan Island
- 12:00 - 13:00: Enjoy a scrumptious Thai style buffet lunch in a restaurant on Koh Tao
- 13:00 - 13:45: Relax or kayak at the idyllic east coast
- 13:45 - 14:30: Snorkel at Buddha Point
- 14:30 - 16:00: Head back to Koh Samui
- 16:00 - 16:30: Transfer to your hotel