Blue Stars Kayaking Adventure in Angthong Marine Park
World-renowned island treasures near Samui
Witness the magnificent beauty of Angthong Marine Park with a one-day tour to the island treasures in the Gulf of Thailand. The Blue Star boat crew will take you on a sea kayaking adventure through small caves, lakes and to palm-fringed beaches at Koh Mae Ko.
- Cruise onboard Blue Stars boat to Angthong Marine Park
- Explore mysterious caves & tunnels by kayak
- Hike to Koh Mae Koh’s hidden lagoon
- Swim at palm-fringed beaches
- Enjoy an onboard lunch with Thai dishes & salad
Your tour guide will give you an introduction on how to manoeuvre your 'Ocean Kayaks'. The kayaking session starts at the southern end of the island Koh Mae Koh, eventually reaching the sandy shores of the island. Once ashore, the sightseeing part of the adventure begins with a hike to the Emerald Lake, a hidden saltwater in the middle of the island.
Back to the boat it is time for lunch, with a delicious buffet selection of Thai dishes and salad. As you enjoy your meal, the boat will take you through the gorgeous scenery from Koh Mae Koh to the northern end of the Marine Park, with Koh Tai Plao as the final destination. The English and German speaking tour guides will take you through natural tunnels, amazing caves and along beautiful rock formations. Last but not least, you have the chance to experience the colourful underwater world by snorkelling around Ko Tai Plao!
While enjoying the various activities on the tour, you might spot dolphin pods and monkey troops on the islands. Aside from the scheduled activities, you will have a plenty of time to relax and enjoy the scenery or waters around the boat. Blue Stars is using a big boat not a speedboat, as the sea kayaks are stored on the boat, which allows flexibility to kayak at different locations.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Blue Stars Sea Kayaking.
- Please bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops, trekking shoes and a camera.
- Wear shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on the boat.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Light breakfast
- Drinking water and fruit
- Buffet lunch
- Snorkeling & kayak equipment
- Life jacket
- Waterproof bag
- Professional English and German speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 07:00 - 08:00: Hotel pickup on Koh Samui
- 08:00 - 08:30: Board the Blue Stars at Nathon Pier
- 08:30 - 10:00: Cruise to Koh Tai Plao while having a light breakfast on board
- 10:00 - 11:30: Kayak & snorkel at Koh Tai Plao
- 11:30 - 12:30: Heading to Koh Mae Koh while having a buffet lunch on board
- 12:30 - 13:30: Beach, snorkel & kayak time at Koh Mae Koh
- 13:30 - 14:30: Hike to the viewpoint at Emerald Lake
- 14:30 - 16:00: Heading back to Koh Samui
- 16:00 - 16:30: Transfer back to your hotel