Day Trip to Angthong Marine Park by Speed Boat from Koh Phangan
Snorkel & kayak adventure in the 42 island archipelago
Spend a full day in the emerald jewel of Thailand on a speed tour to Angthong Marine Park from Koh Phangan. Start the trip with a light breakfast at Thong Sala Pier and cruise by speed boat operated by Lomlahk Khirin in 45 minutes through the archipelago with 42 islands. Enjoy the rest of your day snorkeling and kayaking in the idyllic oasis of the park and hike up to the top of Koh Mae Ko Island for an amazing view of the stunning saltwater lagoon.
- Cruise by speed boat through the Marine Park with 42 islands
- Snorkel in the natural oasis of Ang Thong archipelago
- Hike up to Koh Mae Ko for an amazing view of the lagoon
- Feast on a delicious buffet lunch at Wua Ta Lap Island
- Spend the afternoon kayaking through the emerald waters
Arrive at the first spot where you can snorkel under huge limestone cliffs through crystal blue waters along the coastline. Continue to Mae Koh Island and start paddling with a sit-on-top kayak along the coastline of the island. At mid-day, enjoy a delicious Thai buffet lunch near the Marine Park ranger station. Spend the afternoon sunbathing, swimming, snorkeling or simply relaxing on the endless white sand beaches of the island.
The next stop will be just a few minutes further by speed boat where you can climb the steps to the top of the island in approximately 10 minutes and enjoy a fantastic view over the Emerald Lagoon which is also known as 'Talay Nai'. The salt water lake is surrounded by sheer cliffs and is definitely the highlight of this tour.
The hours passed quickly without noticing, and it's already time to leave this wonderful place. Arrive back at Thong Sala Pier and get transferred to your hotel where can look back on your day in the enchanting still of the evening.
The archipelago of 42 islands occupies almost 250 square kilometers and includes over 50 square kilometers of surreal limestone islands and karst topography, which rise from the sea as dramatic rock cliffs and captivating rock formations.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Lomlahk Khirin.
- Bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and a camera.
- Speed boats carry passengers as close to the beach as they can so passengers can hop off and on easily.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand and shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on the boat.
- Expect to get a bit wet on a speed boat or kayak during the tour.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, children under the age of 2 years or people with back or neck problems
- During check-in at the pier, you will have to fill your name and passport number in the insurance form. Please remember your passport number or bring a photo copy of the passport ID page on the day of the trip.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water and fruits
- Light breakfast and buffet lunch
- Snorkeling and kayak equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- There is a National Park entrance fee of 300 THB per adult and 150 THB per child to be paid at point of entry! These fees are to help park rangers keep the park and wildlife protected and clean so we can enjoy the natural beauty.
- 07:50 - 08:15: Hotel pickup on Koh Phangan
- 08:15 - 09:25: Meet the boat crew and enjoy a light breakfast
- 09:25 - 09:50: Depart from Thong Sala Pier to Angthong Marine Park
- 09:50 - 10:50: Open water snorkeling at the first island in Angthong Marine Park
- 10:50 - 11:00: Continue to Wua Ta Lap Island
- 11:00 - 12:00: Sightseeing & swimming at the beach of Koh Wua Ta Lap
- 12:00 - 13:00: Enjoy Thai style buffet lunch at the beach
- 13:00 - 13:45: Kayaking through the emerald waters surrounding the islands
- 13:45 - 15:00: Hike to the view point of Koh Mae Ko
- 15:00 - 15:25: Depart from Angthong National Marine Park to Koh Phangan
- 15:25 - 16:00: Arrive on Koh Phangan & transfer to hotel