Lanta Thai Cookery School
Individual Cooking Course
Learn to cook your favourite Thai dishes with Lanta Thai Cookery School set in a tropical garden in a spacious teakwood house. Experience the exotic herbs and spices that makes Thai cuisine so unique in the world of culinary delights.
- Choose 4 out of 10 dishes
- Take a tour in the garden to see herbs, spices & vegetables (depends on the season)
- Get cooking instructions by Thai Chef Aon
- Small group size with up to 12 students
- Get cooking certificate at the end of the class
Start the course with a welcome drink and get useful cooking instructions from the Thai chef with many years of experience. Learn how to cook healthy and delicious Thai food with a practical hands-on approach to surprise your family and friends at home as a gourmet souvenir from Thailand.
Two classes per day are held in a spacious teak-wood house just inland in the south of Phra Ae Beach (also known as Long Beach), and many of the vegetables and spices are sourced from an on-site organic garden.
Midday and evening classes last for 4 hours. You can choose 4 out of 10 dishes together, and the options change for each course. The menus offer a good mix of salads, soups, stir fries, noodle dishes and curries made from hand-made pastes, plus enjoy a feast of your own making at the end of the class! All dishes can be made vegetarian per request, please let us know upon booking.
- Tom Yam (chicken, seafood or prawns)
- Golden cup with chicken & vegetables.
- Phad Thai (chicken, seafood, prawns or tofu) with our special sauce
- Stir fried chicken or seafood with cashew nuts
- Green Curry with chicken or seafood including preparation of the paste
- Panang Curry with chicken including preparation of the paste
- Thai beef salad
- Fried rice with chicken or seafood
- Stir fried chicken or seafood with hot basil leaves
- Poached banana in coconut milk
- Chicken Satay including preparation peanut sauce
- Vegetarian Spring Rolls including preparation of tasty Thai sauce
- Golden Bag Thung Thong (chicken and prawn) including preparation tasty Thai sauce
- Papaya salad (Som Tam)
- Steamed fish fillet with lime and chilli
- Seafood in our special tamarind sauce
- Massaman Curry (beef or chicken) including preparation of the paste
- Larb with chicken or seafood (Thai spicy salad from Isan)
- Stir fried chicken or seafood sweet & sour
- Sticky rice with ripe Mango
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Lanta Thai Cookery School.
- All preparing and cooking is done individually
- All dishes can be either vegetarian, vegan, non spicy or as spicy as you like
- The class size is limited to maximal 12 persons
- Children can choose only 2 dishes
- Hotel round-trip transfer
- Drinking water, coffee, tea, fruits & rice
- Cooking book
- Bring back your left-overs of food to share with friends or family
- Cooking certificate
- Lunch Course
- 09:20 - 10:00: Hotel pickup on Koh Lanta
- 10:00 - 10:15: Enjoy a welcome drink
- 10:15 - 10:30: Get cooking instructions
- 10:30 - 13:45: Enjoy your cooking class
- 13:45 - 14:00: Take leftovers of food back to your hotel
- Evening Course
- 15:20 - 16:00: Hotel pickup on Koh Lanta
- 16:00 - 16:15: Enjoy a welcome drink
- 16:15 - 16:30: Get cooking instructions
- 16:30 - 19:45: Enjoy your cooking class
- 19:45 - 20:00: Take leftovers of food back to your hotel