Phi Phi Island Snorkeling Tour to Maya Bay & Bamboo Island from Lanta
Day Trip to Phi Phi Islands all year round
Kick off the day with a speed boat trip to Phi Phi Islands from Koh Lanta. Visit the stunning scenery of Maya Bay, Phi Phi Leh, Bamboo Island and Laem Tong Bay. Snorkel in turquoise waters and spot colorful fish among the corals.
- Day trip to Phi Phi Islands all year round
- Stunning snorkel spot in Pileh Lagoon
- Buffet lunch at the beach of Bamboo Island
- Relax at secluded Laem Tong Bay
- Experienced local guide
The first snorkel stop will be in Pileh Lagoon which is famous for its tree-speckled limestone karsts. Then continue to Maya Bay, a stunningly beautiful bay that's sheltered by 100-metre high cliffs on three sides. Inside the bay there are several beaches, most are small and some only exist at low tide. The main one is around 200 metres long with silky soft white sand, underwater colorful coral and exotic fish in exceptionally clear water; the whole bay is one big reef. Maya Bay has become the main tourist attraction of Phi Phi since ‘The Beach’ was filmed here in 1999.
Next stop is at Monkey Beach, which is one of the top attractions of Phi Phi Don. It is isolated from the main village, where the ferries arrive and most of the accommodation is, by a rocky and forested headland and sits under the largest mountain on the island.
Head over to Bamboo Island where you will enjoy a Thai buffet lunch directly at the beach. In the afternoon you can explore the tiny island which is nothing like its big sisters. Here, there lies no high rocky peak, only a small beach of white sand that emerges from the turquoise waters.
Before heading back to Koh Lanta, you will have time to relax at Laem Tong Bay. This little piece of paradise is located on the northeastern side of Koh Phi Phi Don and is an ideal spot for relaxing with almost total seclusion. The atmosphere is quite the opposite of buzzing Tonsai village, as the soothing sound of the waves lapping up to the almost one-kilometre-long beach is only perturbed by the noise of longtail and speed boats making the transfers to Tonsai village or Bamboo Island.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Pattesia Speedboat Tour.
- Bring a swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and camera.
- Speed boats carry passengers as close to the beach as they can so passengers can hop off and on easily.
- Wear shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on the boat.
- This trip is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems
- Thailand's Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation announced that Maya Bay will remain closed indefinitely. The itinerary of the tour will slightly change as the boat will not be able to go ashore at 'The Beach', but instead you will visit other places at Phi Phi Leh.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water and fruit
- Beach Towel
- Thai buffet lunch on the beach of Bamboo Island
- Snorkeling equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional English and Chinese speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 07:50 - 08:50: Hotel pickup on Koh Lanta
- 08:50 - 10:00: Cruise by speed boat to Koh Phi Phi Leh
- 10:00 - 11:20: Sightseeing at Viking Cave, Pileh Lagoon, Maya Bay & Monkey Beach
- 11:20 - 12:00: Open water snorkeling
- 12:00 - 13:30: Enjoy lunch at the beach of Bamboo Island
- 13:30 - 14:30: Relax at Laem Tong Bay
- 14:30 - 15:00: Sightseeing on Koh Phi Phi Don
- 15:00 - 16:00: Head back by speed boat to Koh Lanta
- 16:00 - 16:30: Transfer to your hotel on Koh Lanta