Lanta Mangrove Tour with Sea Cave Kayaking at Koh Talabeng
Thung Yee Pheng Mangrove Forest
Float by kayak into the Mangrove forest of Thung Yee Pheng where you can spot monkeys, monitor lizards and many colorful birds. Continue to Aung Island and Koh Talabeng for sea cave kayaking, before having lunch at Bu Bu Island.
- Float by kayak into the mangrove forest of Thung Yee Pheng
- Sightseeing and feeding monkeys
- Explore the caves at Koh Talabeng
- Swim and relax at Bu Bu Island
- Visit Koh Aung & Koh Kum
Start paddling on a sit-on-top kayak into the officially protected Thung Yee Pheng Mangrove Forest, which offers a worthwhile break from the beaches. You don’t have to look far to spot fiddler crabs twisting in the muddy sediment held together by the dark tube-like roots. Cranes, sea eagles and many other types of birds soar over the trees or fish in the shallows.
Continue to Koh Talabeng, truly the highlight of this trip. It is an old and large rock island off the east coast of Koh Lanta Noi. Two huge rocks stand more than 100 meters high and tower over the surface like large giants protecting a treasure make up Talabeng Island. Ancient pirates used the series of caverns on this island as their shelter.
Discover the lush green island by kayak and spot small creatures such as monkeys and lizards. Enter small and big sea caves which feature fresh clear water, stalagmites and stalactites that twinkle and shine.
Than it is time for a short break on Bu Bu Island to recharge your batteries. Enjoy a healthy Thai lunch and have a swim at the quiet beach before heading to Koh Aung and Koh Kum, for a short sightseeing trip around the tiny islands.
Return back to the pier from where the driver will bring you back to the hotel.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- Bring towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and a camera.
- Wear shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on the longtail boat.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems
- There is a minimum of 2 people required to run this tour! On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water and fruits
- Lunch (only for full-day option)
- Kayak equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 07:30 - 09:00: Hotel pickup on Koh Lanta
- 09:00 - 09:30: Depart from Tung Yee Peng Pier
- 09:30 - 09:40: Visit Monkey point
- 09:40 - 09:50: Sightseeing around Koh Aung
- 10:30 - 12:00: Visit Talabeng Island and Kayaking explore Talabeng sea cave
- 12:30 - 14:00: Enjoy a delicious Thai lunch at Bubu Island, swimming and relax on the beach
- 14:00 - 14:30: Head back to Tung Yee Peng Pier
- 14:30 - 15:00: Transfer to the hotel