4 Island Tour to Emerald Cave by Longtail Boat from Koh Lanta
Island hopping to the Southern Islands of Lanta
Cruise by iconic longtail boat to the 4 Islands near Koh Lanta. Stop at Koh Chuak and Koh Maa for spectacular open water snorkeling, and walk along the white sandy beach of Koh Ngai. The highlight of the tour is the Emerald Cave on Koh Mook, with a 80 m swim to the hidden lagoon in the inner of the island.
- Island hopping by iconic longtail boat
- Open water snorkeling at Koh Chuak
- Float into the Emerald Cave on Koh Mook
- Relax and sunbath at the beach of Koh Ngai
- Splash and snorkel at Koh Maa
After a ride of approximately 45 minutes you will arrive at the first destination. Enjoy great snorkeling in crystal clear water of Koh Chuak, a small karst islet with sea caves and small sandy beaches between Koh Mook and Koh Ngai.
Around an hour later visit Koh Mook, the largest island on this tour. It is best known for its Emerald Cave (also called Tham Morakot) and hidden lagoon in the center of the island. The entrance to the cave is located on the western side of the island and is only accessible during low tide. The cave itself winds for about 80 meters to its other exit, onto a white beach with an emerald pool surrounded by steep cliffs.
Continue to Koh Ngai to enjoy a delicious Thai picnic lunch on the beach, consisting of steam rice, fried mix vegetables, Massaman Curry with chicken and seasonal fruits. Koh Ngai is a charming island that features a dramatic interior and a spotless sandy beach along its eastern coast. Mountainous and covered by tropical forest, the island is surrounded by clear waters with magnificent corals, making it a perfect site for snorkeling.
Cruise further to the second snorkeling spot at Koh Maa where you can feed the fish with bread or bananas. Thousands of giant bats can also be seen here.
Depart from Koh Maa for the long-tail boat trip back to Koh Lanta and arrive at the port in the old town at approx. 15.30. Get transferred back to your hotel on Koh Lanta.
If you like exploring tropical islands, caves and snorkeling with amazing marine life then this is the trip for you! For people who demand a lot of room, we recommend the tour option by big boat with an extra stop near Koh Kradan for snorkeling.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of The Longtail Charter & Tour.
- Bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and camera
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand and shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on the boat.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- There is a minimum of 8 people required to run this tour! On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water and seasonal fruits
- Thai picnic lunch on the beach at Koh Ngai
- Snorkeling equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 07:45 - 08:30: Hotel pickup on Koh Lanta
- 08:30 - 09:00: Meet the crew at Lanta Old Town Pier & get instructions
- 09:00 - 09:45: Cruise by longtail boat to the 4 Islands
- 09:45 - 11:00: Snorkel & feed fish at Koh Chuak
- 11:00 - 12:00: Swim into the Emerald Cave to the hidden lagoon on Koh Mook
- 12:00 - 13:00: Lunch at the beach at Koh Ngai
- 13:00 - 13:30: Free time for sightseeing on the island
- 13:30 - 14:30: Open water snorkeling at Koh Maa
- 14:30 - 15:30: Head back to Koh Lanta
- 15:30 - 16:00: Transfer to hotel