4 Island Snorkel & Kayak Tour to Emerald Cave by Big Boat from Koh Lanta
Swim into Tham Morakot Cave on Koh Mook
Discover the four Islands of Koh Lanta on board of the big tour boat 'Hello Andaman' with two convenient decks and plenty of space. Stop at Koh Kradan, Koh Chuak and Koh Ngai for snorkeling, and take a swim into the Emerald Cave or 'Tham Morakot' on Koh Mook which is the highlight of this one-day tour. Choose the kayak option and marvel at the wonders along the coastline of the islands.
- Cruise by tour boat to the four Islands near Lanta
- Snorkel on the reef at Koh Chuak
- Swim into the Emerald Cave on Koh Mook
- Paddle on a sit-on-top kayak around the islands
- Enjoy a Thai style lunch on the big boat
First stop will be at Koh Chuak, which offers excellent snorkeling on the reef with colorful fish. The island is inhabited by sea eagles which are trying to catch fish around the rocky outcrops.
Continue to the highlight of the tour on Koh Mook, famous for its beautiful Tham Morakot (cave) which can be seen only when the tide is low. The entrance to the Emerald Cave is just high enough to swim through at the right tide. The sun colors the water in a palette of green, emerald and turquoise shades at the entrance, gradually fading as the cave winds inwards approximately 80 m leading to an interior secret beach with clean white sand, enclosed by high cliffs open to the sky.
On the way to the next island, you will enjoy a Thai buffet lunch on board, with different menus to choose from, followed by fresh seasonal fruits. After arriving at Koh Kradan, you will have time to swim in crystal clear blue water and snorkel on a beautiful coral reef on the north side of the island which is easily visible from the surface. The famous mass underwater weddings are held here every year around Valentine's day. Remember that the boat will anchor east of the island, but there is no possibility to go ashore.
The last stop will be on Koh Ngai (or Koh Hai), a tiny mountainous island covered by moist evergreen forest. The coastline is fringed by rocky headlands, beautiful white sand beaches and coconut palms is completely unspoiled. It's the perfect place for walking and relaxing at the beach. When it's time to go back, you won't want to leave this perfect place. Enjoy an afternoon coffee or tea with biscuit on the way back to the pier. From there, the driver will take you back to your hotel.
If you do not feel so comfortable on a big boat, there is still the option to travel by traditional longtail boat. It might be a bit more rough and choppy depending on the sea conditions, but the smaller boats are operating almost all year round if the weather and sea conditions do permit.
If you want to enjoy some paddling around the islands, you can book a kayak in advance via add-on. Please consider that the tour program can be changed due to tidal and weather conditions.
Choose an option
Choose a departure time
Choose a travel date
Pickup times per zone
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- Bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and camera.
- Wear shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on the boat.
- Expect to get a bit wet on a longtail boat during the tour.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- The tour is wheelchair accessible.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Convenient 20 meter tour boat with 2 decks
- Toilet and fresh water tank to wash the salt away from your body
- Free coffee, tea, soft drinks, water and seasonal fruits
- Homemade Thai buffet lunch on board of the boat
- Snorkel masks & fins
- Sit-on-top kayak with equipment (only if kayak option has been booked)
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 08:00 - 09:00: Hotel pickup on Koh Lanta
- 09:00 - 10:00: Depart by big boat from Lanta Old Town Pier to Koh Chuak
- 10:00 - 11:15: Snorkel at Koh Chuak & paddle by kayak through sea caves (only if kayak option has been booked)
- 11:15 - 12:00: Swim through the Emerald Cave to the lagoon on Koh Mook
- 12:00 - 12:40: Enjoy a buffet lunch while cruising to Koh Kradan
- 12:40 - 13:30: Open water snorkeling at Koh Kradan
- 13:30 - 15:00: Swim & walk at the beach of Koh Ngai
- 15:00 - 16:00: Head back to Lanta Old Town Pier
- 16:00 - 16:30: Transfer to the hotel