Early Bird Similan Islands Snorkel Tour by Siam Adventure World from Khao Lak
Low-lying rock formations covered with thick forest
Join the early bird version of the Similan Islands tour with Siam Adventure World and experience 4 out of 11 islands in the Similan archipelago. Snorkel in crystal clear water and relax at powdery white sand beaches including a cozy pickup service from your hotel in Khao Lak and a departure by speed boat from Seastar Pier in Baan Nam Kem.
- 2 snorkeling stops at Similan Islands
- Walk to Sailing Rock at Donald Duck Bay
- Hike along a natural trail on Koh Miang
- Enjoy a picnic lunch at Princess Bay
- Leisure & beach time at Honeymoon Bay
Make the first stop at Donald Duck Bay, which is the perfect spot for both beginner and experienced snorkelers. The most recognisable feature of Koh Similan No. 8 are the huge boulders that scatter the western and southern shores of the island. You can hike through the jungle and explore various viewpoints on the island.
Then make your way to the waters of Christmas Point at Koh Bangu, the Island No. 9. It's the northern most island and has one of the best snorkeling spots for varied fish life on it’s eastern side, a arch of reef called 'Breakfast Bend' laden with sea fans, staghorns growths and coral outcrops.
Enjoy a picnic lunch on Koh Miang, the Island No. 4, with large white powdered beaches and beautiful forests. It is also the center of the Similan Islands and accommodates the park ranger facilities. Spend some time at the beach with clear waters and explore the underwater world with healthy coral and plentiful fish. There is also a fantastic nature trail up the highest mountain of the Mu Ko National Park.
Depending on the tides, make a last snorkel stop at Island No. 5, a small island with the 'Garden of Eels', or at Island No. 7, Koh Hin Pousar which is famous for the Elephant head shaped rock. Then it's time to return to the pier in Khao Lak where the driver will take you safely back to the hotel.
Please note that the Similan Islands National Park is officially opened to the public from 15th October until 15th May.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- To start the tour you must show the ticket voucher on your mobile phone to the staff of Siam Adventure World.
- Get enough sleep the night before the trip.
- Bring a dry bag, towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and a camera.
- The speed boat will carry you as close to the beach as possible so you can hop off and on easily.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand and shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on the boat.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, infants under 4 years, people over 70 years or people with back or neck problems.
- There is a minimum of 10 people required to run this tour! On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
- To be able to board the speed boat at the pier, it is essential that you send us a copy of the passport ID page (the one with your photo, your date of birth, etc.) for each traveller before the trip starts. Otherwise you have to bring the passport or a copy of the passport for each traveller on the trip itself.
- Hotel round trip transfer
- Drinking water, soft drinks, coffee, tea & fresh fruits
- Picnic lunch box
- Snorkeling equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional English and German speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 06:00 - 07:20: Hotel pickup in Khao Lak
- 07:20 - 07:30: Enjoy a light breakfast at the pier
- 07:30 - 08:00: Depart from Nam Kem Pier in Khao Lak
- 08:00 - 09:30: Head by speed boat to Similan Islands
- 09:30 - 11:00: Walk to the viewpoint at Sailing Rock
- 10:00 - 11:00: Relax at the beach on Island No. 8
- 11:00 - 11:45: Swim in turquoise water at Island No. 9
- 11:45 - 13:30: Enjoy a Thai picnic lunch on Island No. 4
- 13:30 - 14:45: Snorkel at Island No. 5 or No. 7 (depending on the sea conditions)
- 14:15 - 16:00: Cruise back to the pier
- 16:00 - 16:30: Transfer back to the hotel