Similan Islands Snorkel Tour by Speed Boat from Khao Lak
Day trip to 4 of the picturesque Similan Islands
Appreciate breathtaking sceneries, colourful seascapes and rich marine life in the beautiful Similan Islands. Enjoy a day in the splendor of one of the world's top diving and snorkeling sites, with clear blue water, colorful marine life and white sand beaches.
- Snorkel at Stonehenge which is named after the towering rocks that rise from depths of 25m and below
- Head to Na Beach on Koh Miang (Park Headquarter)
- Enjoy the pristine beach, explore the island and discover the Honeymoon Bay
- Continue to Bangu Island where huge granite boulders have tumbled
- Snorkel at Christmas Point and, if you are lucky, watch dolphins frolicking in the sea or swim with sea turtles
- Continue to Donald Duck Bay on Koh Similan where you can relax at the beach or hike to the viewpoint
Appreciate the scenery as you make your way to your first snorkeling spot at Koh Miang, the Similan Island No. 4. Clear waters, healthy coral and plentiful fish, this island is perfect for the beginner and experienced snorkeler. Spend some time at the beach and explore the underwater world before enjoying lunch with authentic Thai cuisine on the serene sandy beach of Princess Bay.
Depart for Koh Payu, the Similan Island No. 7, which is ideal for snorkeling at the East of Eden with a reef slope that ranges from 5 to 40 metres. Then make your way to the waters of Christmas Point at Koh Bangu, the Island No. 9, for one more snorkeling opportunity with massive coral heads in The Mooring, and Snapper Alley for Asian snapper living among the giant rocks.
The last stop is at the tranquil waters of Donald Duck Bay on Koh Similan, the Island No. 8. Here you can relax on the beach or hike to the island's viewpoint at Sailing Rock before heading back to the pier where a light snack with fresh fruits and drinks are awaiting you. Get transferred back to your hotel and replay the day's happenings.
Please note that the Similan Islands National Park is officially opened to the public from 15 October until 15 May.
During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
You can cancel your booking up to 4 days prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund for cost of the tour (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
- Please bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops and a camera.
- Speed boats carry passengers as close to the beach as they can so passengers can hop off and on easily.
- Wear shorts rather than pants as the water level may be above the knees when hopping off/on the boat.
- Wear flip flops in case there are shells or rocks on the sand.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems.
- The minimum number of passengers required for this tour to depart is 4. On the rare occasion that we should be required to cancel a tour, we will inform you in advance and offer a different tour date, an alternative tour or provide a full refund.
- Hotel round trip transfer from Khao Lak to Thap Lamu Pier
- Drinking water and fruit
- Lunch package
- Snorkeling equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- 07:00 - 08:00: Hotel pickup in Khao Lak
- 08:30 - 09:00: Have coffee & light breakfast at Thap Lamu Pier
- 09:00 - 10:30: Depart by speed boat to Similan Islands
- 10:30 - 11:30: Sightseeing & swimming at Miang Island (Koh 4)
- 11:30 - 12:00: Lunch at the beach
- 12:00 - 13:00: Snorkel & swim at Payu Island (Koh 7)
- 13:00 - 14:00: More snorkeling at Ba-ngu Island (Koh 9)
- 14:00 - 15:00: Relax at the beach of Similan Island (Koh 8), climb to the viewpoint at Sailing Rock
- 15:00 - 16:15: Depart from Similan Island to Thap Lamu Pier
- 16:15 - 17:00: Transfer to the hotel in Khao Lak