- To guarantee a booking, book no later than 14 hours before the scheduled departure.
- During high season (November - April) and on National Thai Holidays, we advise that you book your trip as early as possible as seats sell out fast.
- Due to bad weather or sea conditions the tour may be postponed or cancelled with a full refund.
- You can cancel your booking up to 24 hours prior to your scheduled departure date and receive a refund in the amount of the activity costs minus payment fees (if no other custom cancellation policy is stated under 'Important to Know'). Read our Terms & Conditions.
Afternoon Class Ya's Thai Cookery School in Ao Nang
Learn the secrets of Thai Cuisine
- Prepare thai dishes like Red, Yellow, Green Curry, Pad Thai (fried noodles), Som Tam (spicy salad), Tom Yam/Ka (soups), Lab Kai (chicken mint salad)
- Get free cook book recipes and instruction (in English)
- Enjoy your classwork when it's all done
- All dishes can be adapted to taste or vegetarian preferences
- Convenient pickup service offered
What can you expect
Choosing fresh ingredients is how you will start your class at Ya's Thai Cookery School in Ao Nang. You will discover the secrets behind cooking the perfect Thai meal as you combine rich colors, unique flavors and fragrant spices with delicious fresh produce. You will get a feel for authentic Thai culture through the preparation of authentic Thai cuisine.
Learn the art of balancing flavors and cooking complete dishes from scratch, with traditional utensils and techniques. The preparation of curry paste is one of the most unique and important aspects of Thai cooking, and you will learn about herbs and spices as you grind then together in a stone mortar.
Some of the menu items you may be cooking include: Curry Paste, Massaman Curry, Red Curry Chicken, Spicy Prawn Soup, Chicken Mint Salad, Pad Thai, Stir Fried Chicken & Cashew Nut, Stir fried sweet & sour, Fried Rice with Chicken/Vegetable.
Your class ends with you enjoying the Thai specialties that you have spent the day preparing.
Return home with your new culinary skills in stir-frying, making curries, Thai soups and salads, that will impress your friends and family.
- 12:00 - 13:00: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 13:00 - 13:30: Get free cookbook recipes & instruction
- 13:30 - 16:30: Starting the cooking class
- 16:30 - 17:30: Enjoy your classwork
- 17:30 - 18:00: Transfer back to the hotel
- Hotel round-trip transfer
- Ingredients, recipes and instructions in English
- Fruits and preparation of spicy Thai salads
- Food tasting and drinking water
- All dishes can be adapted to taste or vegetarian preferences.